Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
POSITION TITLE: HTS LEAD
REPORTS TO: SENIOR TECHNICAL ADVISOR
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb) — Kenya is a local non-governmental organization collaborating with the Ministry of Health (MoH) and County Health Management Teams to strengthen health systems for improved quality of healthcare in Kenya. Ciheb-Kenya is collaborating with the county governments of Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale, Taita Taveta, Machakos, Makueni, Kitui, Nairobi, Kisumu, and Migori to support the implementation and expansion of high quality, sustainable, and comprehensive HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs, and expansion of COVID-19 vaccination with funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
The HTS Lead will be responsible for supporting community care delivery systems and providing technical assistance and mentorship to community healthcare providers and point of service staff in support of community care activities with the aim of increasing patient retention and outcomes. The position focuses on strengthening linkages between health facilities and communities for an effective continuum of care delivery structure.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement innovative strategies to enhance the HIV care continuum from linking patients from the HIV testing services points to treatment, retention, and life-long support.
- Adapt systems and tools to support implementation of differentiated care models for different population groups and provide framework for improving retention and successful treatment outcomes across population groups and facilities.
- Support county implementation of the MoH community strategy for sustainable patient support.
- Support the health facilities and other service delivery points’ care for patients, carry out infection control, adherence including defaulter management, and other related duties at the health facilities and surrounding community.
- Utilize site data to inform quality of care performance at the site and show staff how to make use of such information to improve operations.
- Examine facility operations and systems and recommend ways to improve outputs and outcomes.
- Exemplify the roles of nursing and care giving staff as part of healthcare team in patient care and how they interact with others and other departments.
- Streamline appointment and defaulter tracing systems.
- Ensure treatment literacy is provided to enrolled clients.
- Assist in developing HIV prevention and care components, processes, and SOPs for the adherence, health facility, and community.
- By use of innovative training methodologies, adapt curricula to support training of healthcare workers. Support development and implementation of different curricula in different settings.
- Organize and facilitate in various CPDs.
- Assess trainings and evaluate impact of training activities and share recommendations.
- Provide onsite mentorship to adherence nursing staff, community health workers/volunteers, and counselors with the goal of performance improvement in the overall patient care.
- Work closely with MoH, county, and sub-county health management teams, health facility, and community to realize and showcase examples of successful mentorship.
- At least a degree in Social Sciences, Public health, Anthropology, Nursing, Clinical medicine, or Community Development/Social Work
- NASCOP Certification in Provision of HTC Services, adult and pediatric ART, and experience in HIV prevention programming is an added advantage
- 4 – 6 years’ experience, two (2) years of which should be within a busy HIV Comprehensive Care Centre and/or in the provision of HTC services
- Demonstrable knowledge of HIV/ART management, diagnosis and treatment procedures of conditions associated with HIV, adherence support and HTC service delivery
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages, report writing and presentation skills
- Dedicated team player with excellent interpersonal, communication, report writing and analytical skills
- Ability to exhibit professionalism and high ethical standards
- High level of integrity and able to maintain confidentiality
How to Apply:
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before 22nd November 2021. Applicants are advised to include the title “HTS LEAD” on the subject line.
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb) — Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.