Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
POSITION TITLE: PREVENTION OF MOTHER TO CHILD TRANSMISSION LEAD
REPORTS TO: SENIOR TECHNICAL ADVISOR
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb) — Kenya is a local non-governmental organization collaborating with the Ministry of Health (MoH) and County Health Management Teams to strengthen health systems for improved quality of healthcare in Kenya. Ciheb-Kenya is collaborating with the county governments of Mombasa, Kilifi, Kwale, Taita Taveta, Machakos, Makueni, Kitui, Nairobi, Kisumu, and Migori to support the implementation and expansion of high quality, sustainable, and comprehensive HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs, and expansion of COVID-19 vaccination with funding from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
The overall function of this position is to ensure that pregnant and breastfeeding women and their infants receive sustainable, high quality, and client-focused health services including Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV (PMTCT), HIV exposed infants (HEI) receive recommended follow up, and HIV infected children receive pediatric HIV services as per the Kenya national guidelines.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Organize and oversee capacity building activities for health providers and case managers working within MNCH clinics through trainings and continuous medical education.
- Providing supportive supervision, mentorship, and on the job training on PMTCT for all the clinical staff at USAID Stawisha Pwani supported health facilities.
- Work to improve patient management through identifying and improving client flow systems, data capture, clinical management, clinical recording, referral to laboratory and pharmacy, and preventing loses to follow for pregnant and breastfeeding women and children.
- Oversee eligibility testing amongst pregnant and breastfeeding women in supported health facilities in line with the elimination agenda.
- Support facilities to ensure good client monitoring and viral suppression among pregnant and breastfeeding women.
- Institutionalize continuous quality improvement systems for continuity of care and patient care improvement
- Develop and strengthen adherence and retention innovations and evidence-based interventions through staff mentorship and follow-up, and document best practices.
- Develop and distribute appropriate job aides, educational material, and reporting tools for PMTCT and HEI to supported health facility staff.
- Support collection, collation, and review of critical PMTCT data, indicators, and activities on a monthly and quarterly basis detailing proposed objectives and activities for PMTCT/HEI at USAID Stawisha Pwani supported facilities.
- To represent the program in technical working groups and stakeholder meetings at sub-county and county levels.
- Evaluate outcomes of PMTCT related activities and shares recommendations for program improvement.
- Degree in Nursing, Clinical Medicine required with significant field experience in nursing and/or community-based care of persons living with HIV/AIDS
- Seven (7) years’ experience providing and/or overseeing PMTCT services at facility and sub-county/county level
- Training in PMTCT/ART
- ToT on PMTCT/ART and related field is an added advantage
- Program management experience in a supervisory
- Knowledge and experience with Kenya HIV Quality Improvement Framework.
- Good report writing skills and data use to inform programming
How to Apply:
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before 23rd November 2021. Applicants are advised to include the title “PMTCT Lead” on the subject line.
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb) — Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.