Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
USAID HEALTH SYSTEM STRENGTHENING GRANT – KENYA
Kenya AIDS NGOs Consortium (KANCO) is a national membership network of Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Community Based Organizations (CBOs), Faith based Organization (FBOs), PLHIV support organizations, learning institutions, public and private organizations addressing HIV, TB, Malaria Health & Community System Strengthening and other public health concerns including immunization, ECD, Nutrition and sexual reproductive health and rights among others. KANCO mission is to improve the health and well-being of communities through capacity building and innovative leadership.
KANCO is seeking a Finance and Administration Manager to support an anticipated USAID-funded Health Systems strengthening project in Kenya. This will be a contract position pending award from USAID
KANCO is seeking a Finance and Administration Manager (FAM) to support in the financial management of the anticipated USAID-funded Health Systems Strengthening Project in Kenya. The 5-year project will focus on providing support to strengthen health leadership, Governance and Health systems for quality and equitable service delivery.
Summary of the Position
The Finance and Administration Manager will report to the Chief Of Party (COP) and will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of budgeting; financial management and reporting; contract/sub-award procurement and management; human resources management, asset management, logistics, and prime award compliance with terms and conditions of the award. The FAM will oversee all projects financial operations.
Actual hiring is contingent upon successful activity award and USAID approval.
- Develop, manage, and monitor project budgets, financial reports, and projection of funding needs;
- Manage project financial operations and financial reporting; provide guidance and technical assistance to financial management personnel;
- Develop and implement accounting and reporting systems for project expenditures, and provide guidance and training to project staff and partners on financial procedures;
- Provide ongoing financial administration to the project, including the processing of approvals for procurements, consultant agreements, and vendor invoices;
- Ensure that project operations are in compliance with USAID policies and procedures;
- Manage the timely submission of financial reports and monthly field expenses;
- In conjunction with the Chief of Party, liaise with USAID on finance, administrative, and operations issues, participating in discussions on contract issues and actions, and following up on client requests and concerns;
- Coordinate regularly with the finance team, providing timely updates on finance matters.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, or other relevant fields.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience supervising overall financial and administration operations of donor-funded activities (teams of human resource, logistics, grant/contract, and finance staff) of similar dollar value.
- Demonstrated financial management, analytical and computer skills, with emphasis on Finance management, budgeting, accountability and financial analysis.
- Experience in managing USG contracts and agreements mastery of USAID regulations governing such programs.
- Experience overseeing sub-awardees to achieve project results
- Experience, Knowledge and skills in health systems strengthening, health service delivery, and linkages between communities and health facilities
- Proven ability to forge strong professional relationships and facilitate coordination with donors, implementing partners, county governments, health facilities, and communities in the public and private sectors
- Experience in capacity building and working with the public and private health sectors, especially with county governments
- Demonstrated experience leading teams to achieve successful project implementation, financial management, and reporting
- Experience overseeing development and implementation of M&E and knowledge management strategies relevant to public health projects
- Strong leadership, Finance, program, organizational management and communication skills
- Previous experience managing an international development team as a Finance and Administrative Manager preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
Nationals of Kenya and especially women are strongly encouraged to apply.
KANCO is an equal opportunity employer. KANCO makes employment decisions and provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant’s or employee’s race, Religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, or any other basis.
- A complete and current resume demonstrating the candidate’s qualifications and experience
- Resumes shall not exceed three pages in length and shall be in chronological order starting with most recent experience.
- Each CV should include a minimum of three current references (provide name and contact information of each reference).
How to apply
To apply, please write to the firstname.lastname@example.org and submit your application Letter, Curriculum Vitae and Testimonials by 20th November 2021.