Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Lecturer Grade 12
Duties and responsibilities of a Lecturer Grade 12:
- Lecturing in area of specialization in accordance with the syllabus;
- Coordinating course projects and practical work;
- Preparing teaching/learning materials;
- Setting, invigilating and marking examinations/assignments;
- Carrying out research work in relevant field or specialization;
- Preparing students progress reports;
- Developing proposals for research funding;
- Writing journal articles and books;
- Presenting academic papers in conferences/seminars/workshops or symposia;
- Developing and reviewing academic programmes/curricula; and
- Supervising Tutorial/Junior Research Fellows and students.
- Undertake consultancies with local and international organizations within areas of expertise to enhance the image of the University;
- Establish collaborative linkages and networks through communication, collaboration and participation for resource mobilization for the University;
- Present research findings and innovations to international conferences in order to increase the visibility of the University and to influence international policy environment for improvement of life;
- Engage with local and international stakeholders to establish linkages and networks in order to work together for the betterment of communities in various ways such as research and innovations;
- Execute budgets for student field trips for academic exposure and the application of theory;
- Control and manage research budgets to ensure accountability of allocated funds.
Requirements for appointment to the post of Lecturer Grade 12 in the Department of Economics, School of Business and Economics:
- Have an earned PhD in Economics or equivalent degree qualification in the relevant field from an accredited and recognized University;
- Demonstrate competency in economic theory and quantitative methods as well as applied courses in Economics; with these areas of study constituting the coursework component of the postgraduate studies.
- Be registered or registerable with the relevant professional body (where applicable).
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and Integrity.
How To Apply
Applicants must submit ten (10) copies of applications giving details of their educational and professional qualifications, age, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address. Enclose certified copies of certificates and testimonials and giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant’s competence and area of specialization, accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae and a copy of the most recent pay slip.
Interested applicants should send the applications to the address below, quoting the relevant reference number, so as to be received on or before Monday, 29th November, 2021.
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor,
Administration and Human Resource Management
South Eastern Kenya University
P.O. BOX 170-90200,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SEKU is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.