Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
As a Test Engineer (TE), you are the testing heart of the development team that you work with. You look to ensure that the development team has a sound testing strategy and is following effective testing methodologies. You work with engineering managers and product managers to ensure that testing is included in development plans and that the Quality and Test Engineering team is also planning accordingly. You provide a clear and concise view of the results of the testing activities. You will work closely with your Quality and Test Engineering peers to ensure that common approaches are used where there is clear benefit. You will also lend your expertise to your peers in order to build a strong test engineering culture throughout the Wikimedia Foundation.
You are responsible for:
- Work closely with development teams in defining their test strategy, including coverage goals, test plans, and test execution prioritization.
- Work closely with development teams in instrumenting their workflow to build a comprehensive picture of test coverage and results in order to help assess risk.
- Work closely with development teams during the design phase to ensure the usability of the product or feature. .
- Test new features and improvements to verify that the software we create is reliable, usable and works as intended.
- Identify test automation candidates and work with Software Engineers in Test and developers to develop automated tests.
- Be an ambassador and educator of good testing practices.
- Participate in the development team planning process to provide feedback on new features and estimation.
- Participate in the development team retrospectives in order to identify test improvement opportunities.
Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years of experience working as Test Engineer.
- Deep understanding of software testing strategies and tradeoffs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases and debugging.
- Experience with SDLC and Software Quality principles
Qualities that are important to us:
- Ability and willingness to occasionally travel for team meetups, including international travel.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Additionally, we’d love it if you have:
- Experience with test automation using Selenium and/or Cypress.
- Familiarity with FLOSS.
- Experience working asynchronously in a globally distributed organization.
- Experience working with other Test Engineers on a centralized testing team.
- Experience contributing to Wikimedia projects
- Working knowledge of a language other than English
How To Apply