Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
To provide advice and support in operational management and to develop, maintain and enhance operational business relationships, through the execution of predefined objectives as per agreed SOPs.
About Absa bank Kenya PLC
Absa Bank Kenya Plc is part of Absa Group Limited. We are committed to finding local solutions to uniquely local challenges. Our purpose is to bring possibilities to life. We are committed to being brave, Passionate and ready
To maintain accuracy and sanctity of the supplier information held by the bank in all procure to pay systems, shared folders and physical storages. Will also ensure that all records management activities within the Sourcing section are maintained and compliant with Bank policies. Ensure that any other assigned duties are concluded within relevant bank standards and policies.
Master Data management 60%
- Ensure that all third-party bank suppliers are duly onboarded as per policy guidelines.
- Ensure that all supplier data, instructions and documentation are stored, protected and accessed by authority.
- Carry out due diligence on all supplier instructions, validate the instructions and execute on the systems.
- Guide both suppliers and internal customers groups on relevant procedures for onboarding, Sourcing and contracting.
- Provide assurance to the business on all documentation relating to supplier engagement
- Provide training on Sourcing and supplier systems liaison between in-country users and centre support teams.
- Maintain accurate trackers for all supplier engagement activities.
- Maintain an up-to-date tracker of all third-party contracts and performance on obligations.
- Provide central support for all Coupa and SAP queries to in-country user groups.
- Must apply all group and Pan-African governance to all sourcing activities.
- Achieve savings targets as set for the Sourcing department.
- Analyze transaction and spend data to ensure Client Operating requirements are being met in terms of time quality and cost with a view to giving effective feedback to the users and suppliers.
- Manage the price list database and provide most current prices.
- Support all Sourcing and supplier assurances and audits
- Monitor and control all workflow ensuring all requests received from the business are actioned to meet designated deadlines.
- Ensure that requests received are in order in all aspects to facilitate compliance with sourcing procedures.
- Consult/refer all changes to reporting lines and stakeholders to ensure bank policy adherence
- Ensure compliance to the Group Procurement Policy.
Stakeholder Management / Service Delivery 20%
- Develop and agree service level agreements with internal customers
- Ensure all changes to Coupa/S4 Hana are validated with users and suppliers in advance of execution.
- Ensure all changes are tracked and fully executed.
- Ensure alignment of requirements with all internal user groups
- Develop and manage strategic long-term relationships with major supplier to maintain quality service to the bank
- Monitor and ensure the bank holds up to date data on suppliers.
- Monitor SLAs with suppliers and internal customers are met
- Ensure Sourcing and contracting done on current and approved templates
- Agree performance development objectives with the team leader.
- Pursue self-development to increase personal effectiveness, acknowledging strengths and areas for development.
- Ensure all relevant/allocated trainings/surveys/assessments are completed punctually.
- Maintain positive contact with all critical stakeholders
- Stakeholder management, both from a staff and customer perspective.
- Analytical thinking.
- Efficient and time conscious.
- Ethical judgement and decision making
- Quality standards and controls.
- Communication, verbal and written
- Strategic thinking & Business focus
- Interpersonal skills, managing relationships & Influencing skills
- Service Excellence.
Knowledge, Expertise & Experience
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Negotiation and Influencing skills
- MS Office proficiency
- Interpersonal skills
- Report writing/presentation skills
- Planning and organisation skills
- Good judgement and Analytical skills
- Performance Management Skills
- Decision making skills
- Personal drive &Initiative
- General knowledge on Insurance matters
Knowledge of the bank’s products services and policies and or other specialist knowledge required to undertake the role:
- Clear understanding of Bank’s procurement policies and standards, values and vision.
- Knowledge of procurement and sourcing of reliable service providers.
- Clear understanding of Supplier onboarding procedures.
Other requirements specific to the role:
- Knowledge of local procurement policies and standards, data privacy and bank compliance requirements.
- MS Office proficiency
- Have a 1year continuous corporate work engagement post-graduation date.
- Understanding of ERP systems
Training likely to assist effectiveness in the role and may have been completed prior to undertaking this role:
- Academic Training being offered at Public Universities e.g Degree in Business Administration, Economics, commerce, procurement and supplies preferred.
- Membership of professional body forms an added advantage for example CIPS-Chartered Institute of purchasing and supplies, KISM-Kenya Institute of Supplies and Management
Mental Demands / Judgement and Initiative:
- Job holder is expected to hold meetings with suppliers and internal stakeholders and ensure that they clearly understand bank’s systems, policies and procedures on onboarding suppliers.
- Job holder is expected to maintain accurate data, records and reports on suppliers.
- Job holder is required to train and guide CSP,Coupa and ensure adherence with all relevant policies.
Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Closing Date: 2021-11-23