Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
To deliver procurement administrative support services through the execution of predefined objectives as per agreed standard operating procedures (SOPs).
About Absa bank Kenya PLC
Absa Bank Kenya Plc is part of Absa Group Limited. We are committed to finding local solutions to uniquely local challenges. Our purpose is to bring possibilities to life. We are committed to being brave, Passionate, and ready
Sourcing & purchasing for required goods & services while focusing on the achievement of value enhancement and sustained improvements in supplier performance in general services and stationery category.
Business Management 60%
- Ensure that all materials are procured within agreed parameters of cost, quality, inventory levels and delivery performance.
- Provide support and guidance to the business on general services and stationery matters relating to sourcing.
- Undertake, monitor and report progress on all purchases under the category
- Identify opportunities to aggregate demand or suppliers to bring about recognizable business benefits
- Ensure all activities of a commercial nature are in the best interests of the Bank and are adequately protected through the application of standard commercial frameworks and methodologies, or when requires tailored frameworks. The latter to be developed in conjunction with the central Sourcing team
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of preferred suppliers in the category
- Responsible for analysis of supplier requirements into Purchase Orders and Contracts as required
- Must apply all group and Pan-African governance to all sourcing activities.
- Undertake negotiations with suppliers and service providers for goods and services uber the category of transactions being handled.
- Achieve savings targets as set for the Sourcing department.
- Analyze transaction and spend data to ensure Client Operating requirements are being met in terms of time quality and cost with a view to giving effective feedback to the users and suppliers.
- Manage the price list database and provide most current prices.
- Monitor and control all workflow ensuring all requests received from the business are actioned to meet designated deadlines.
- Ensure that requests received are in order in all aspects to facilitate compliance with sourcing procedures.
- Manage medium/long-term relationships with suppliers in the category
- Appraise and recommend selection of suppliers and service providers to ensure that the Bank is leveraging its purchasing power
- Ensure compliance to the Group Procurement Policy.
Stakeholder Management/Service Delivery 10%
- Develop and agree service level agreements with internal customers
- Develop and manage strategic long-term relationships with major supplier to maintain quality service to the bank
- Monitor achievement of SLAs by suppliers and also ensure that SLAs with internal customers are met
- Undertake negotiations with suppliers for goods
- Develop and deliver appropriate sourcing strategies
- Use /modify suitable standard forms of contracts to govern commercial activity
- Agree performance development objectives with the team leader.
- Pursue self-development to increase personal effectiveness, acknowledging strengths and areas for development.
- Ensure all relevant/allocated trainings/surveys/assessments are completed punctually
- Maintain positive contact with all critical stakeholders
- Stakeholder management, both from a staff and customer perspective.
- Analytical thinking.
- Efficient and time conscious.
- Ethical judgement and decision making
- Quality standards and controls.
- Communication, verbal and written
- Strategic thinking & Business focus
- Interpersonal skills, managing relationships & Influencing skills
- Service Excellence.
Knowledge of the bank’s products services and policies and or other specialist knowledge required to undertake the role:
- Clear understanding of Bank’s procurement policies and standards, values, vision and Bank’s operational standards.
- Knowledge of procurement and sourcing of reliable service providers.
- Clear understanding of Supplier onboarding procedures.
Other requirements specific to the role:
- Knowledge of local procurement policies and standards, data privacy and bank compliance requirements.
- MS Office Proficiency
Training likely to assist effectiveness in the role and may have been completed prior to undertaking this role:
- Academic Training being offered at Public Universities e.g., Degree in Business Administration, Economics, commerce, procurement and supplies preferred.
- Membership of professional body forms an added advantage for example CIPS-Chartered Institute of purchasing and supplies, KISM-Kenya Institute of Supplies and Management
Mental Demands / Judgement and Initiative:
- Job holder is expected to hold meetings with suppliers and internal stakeholders and ensure that they clearly understand bank’s systems, policies, and procedures on onboarding suppliers.
- Job holder is expected to maintain Bank policies, standards and procedures, accurate data, and reports on suppliers. Also keep record of systems in use.
Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Closing Date; 2021-11-23