Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Senior Accountant , Afya Ugavi Activity under the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program .Chemonics .
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Review all transactions booked in the accounting software (Abacus) and ensure proper coding.
- Monitor and Prompt Head Office Field Accounting & Finance Team (FAST) to push wires in FO Abacus as soon as Funds are received in the FO bank account(s).
- Review VAT tracker and ensure accuracy and compliance with VAT reporting requirements
- Monitor approved VAT claim (DA1) forms and ensure refunds from the vendors
- Prepare monthly payroll and ensure statutory deductions are withheld and submitted to the relevant authorities on a timely basis.
- Prepare Monthly bank reconciliations and ensure all reconciling items are cleared and the reconciliations are uploaded on the designated SFTP site.
- Prepare and submit monthly Financial Reports (Locals) and Serve as the primary point of contact with the home office Field Accounting & Compliance Team (FACT) representative.
- Conduct petty cash spots checks and prepare a reconciliation report
- Ensure all transactions follow USAID rules and regulations in all aspects.
- Provide guidance and supervision to the accountants and the VAT/ Data entry assistant.
- Facilitate provision of information and documentation during internal and external audits
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Finance and Accounts Specialist to achieve the Project’s goals and objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Business or Commerce. Master’s Degree in Finance, Commerce, Business, or related field will have added advantage
- CPA-K or ACCA qualifications and member of a professional accounting body
- Strong knowledge and understanding of USAID rules & regulations
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in accounting with INGO, with at least 2 years at Senior level
- Computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets and preparation of graphs, tables, charts with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Accounting software, i.e ABACUS
- Level of Effort and Location
- This long-term position will be based out of Nairobi, Kenya with intermittent local travel
How To Apply
Send your CV and application to email firstname.lastname@example.org