Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Quality Officer- Nursing
Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi- Outreach Division
The Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi is a private not-for-profit teaching hospital that provides tertiary and secondary level healthcare services. It is one of the hospitals in Kenya accredited by the Joint Commission International from USA. The University Hospital has been providing high quality care for the people of East Africa and beyond for over 50 years.
The Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi Outreach Division is a rapidly growing network of 50 medical centers spread over East Africa. These medical centers feature three to five consulting rooms with a practice that is home to qualified medical officers, highly-experienced nurses and constant reception cover. The clinics offer an on-site pharmacy and laboratory as well as radiology and sonography services. There is high expectation for staff to provide high quality professional services.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the above position based in Nairobi Kenya. The position holder will be responsible for supporting the implementation of quality and patient safety and will e; enforce compliance with the Outreach Department’s quality program across all clinics. He/she will report to the Manager, Clinical Quality and Patient Safety Outreach Division.
- Responsible for auditing compliance and conducting all scheduled audits in Outreach clinics.
- Collect, organize and analyze and validate clinical data from audits to reflect trends and inform action plans.
- Advice the Clinical Quality Manager on unfavorable trends in unmet indicators for timely remedial action
- Coordinate the development, implementation and review of quality and patient safety policies, procedures and processes.
- Collection, measurement and presentation of data required for monitoring and improving quality and patient safety
- Leads Outreach in conducting Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and implementation of preventive/corrective action
- Identify opportunities for continuous quality improvement and process reengineering to optimize operational efficiency and patient care
- Ensure that nursing staff’s Licenses and BLS/ACLS are up to date at all times
- Maintain up-to date QVRs that incorporate all quality indicators for the Outreach Clinics
- Identify gaps and challenges in timely data collection within the clinical areas and escalate to the Quality Manager for action
- Liaise with the hospital statistician to achieve the integration of data in departmental QVRs into an institutional QVR
- Nursing Diploma or Degree
- Quality or Health Services Management background would be advantageous
- Three or more years’ experience in direct clinical care activities in a healthcare institution
- MS Office proficiency
- In-depth understanding of good clinical practice requirements.
- Strong experience and knowledge of quality monitoring functions.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent data analytical and presentation skills
- Good leadership/people skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritize effectively.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.
How To Apply