Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Responsible for the overall financial reporting, cost control, budgeting, regulatory and statutory compliance, cash flow management, safeguarding the assets with an aim of attaining profitability for the subsidiary.
- Review for adequacy operational and financial controls in the business (systems, processes and people) and recommend changes to the management;
- Review and file returns to the regulator and other statutory bodies on monthly, quarterly and yearly;
- Review the completeness of the asset register and confirm that it is in line with the company accounts;
- Confirm investment in company assets are within company investment policy statement and guided by the Insurance Act and advice the fund management monthly;
- Review management and financial reports for completeness and preparation of board papers on a monthly and quarterly basis respectively;
- Prepare and compile company budgets annually and analyse financial reports and report variance against budget on a monthly basis;
- Approve payments and check that all accounting transactions are posted to the correct cost centres;
- Coordinate external and internal audits;
- Manage cash flows, control costs and action on audit recommendations;
- Liaise with external stakeholders e.g. banks, IRA, KRA towards enhancement of company operations.
- Carry out performance appraisal, coaching and mentoring staff;
- Resource allocation, staffing and leave approval;
- Participate in planning and budgeting for the department;
- Participate in various meeting and committees and acting as spokesperson on behalf of the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or in a related field.
- A Master’s degree an added advantage
- CPA (K) or ACCA/CFA is a requirement
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ relevant experience in a similar position, three (3) of which at supervisory level
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills
- Good analytical skills
- Computer literate in MS Office and other office applications
- Knowledge of Business Environment
If you have the aforementioned professional and academic qualifications and you are ready to execute the above mandate, kindly submit your application:
Strictly apply through: https://cic.co.ke/job-application/ clearly indicating the position being applied for. E.g. SENIOR FINANCE MANAGER
The application should reach us by close of business on 30th November 2021 through. Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 30th December 2021 consider your application unsuccessful.