Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ASSISTANT FORESTER: KEFRI 9
a) Duties and Responsibilities
• Identifying the staff requirement for different operations;
• Identifying and acquisitioning the necessary tools and equipment for field operations;
• Scheduling of data collection in trials in consultation with responsible research scientists;
• Liaising with scientists to facilitate data collection and management;
• Ensuring adherence to seed collection, handling and dispatch standards;
• Ensuring adherence to seedling production standards;
• Disseminating research findings;
• Monitoring, reporting and control of forest pests and diseases;
• Manage Forest Estate;
• Supervise removal of forest products;
• Promote forestry technologies and application of research results amongst stakeholders;
• Prepare planting sites;
• Undertake establishment and protection of experimental plots;
• Assess experiments and collect data;
• Guiding, supervising mentoring field operation staff; and
• Any other duty as assigned from time to time.
b) Requirements for Appointment
i) Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum grade “C–” (C Minus) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
ii) Diploma in Forestry from a recognized institution; and
iii) Certificate in Computer Applications from a recognised institution.
MODE OF APPLICATION
I. Online Application
Interested applicants are required to click the link below and submit their information as guided; https://forms.gle/6TqDSvtXxafLVcEBA
II. Hard copy applications
IN ADDITION to the online application, applicants should send their hard copy applications and attach their Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates and national identification card. They should also include their day and evening telephone numbers, e–mail address and names and addresses of three referees to reach the Director KEFRI not later than Monday 6th December, 2021.
Envelopes containing the documents should clearly be marked with the position applied for and addressed to: –
Kenya Forestry Research Institute (KEFRI),
P.O. BOX 20412–00200, City Square,
KEFRI is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.