Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ASSISTANT LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST (PATHOLOGY): KEFRI 9
a) Duties and Responsibilities
• Collect, receive, prepare, manage and safely dispose samples and specimens;
• Prepare and standardize laboratory reagents and culture media for laboratory analysis and research activities;
• Maintain and preserve specimens in a reference database;
• Carry out analytical work and record results;
• Set up experimental plots and record field experimental data
• Keep laboratory records;
• Maintain and preserve specimens;
• Carry out routine standardization and maintenance of laboratory equipment;
• Undertake and keep inventory of laboratory equipment, chemicals and reagents;
• Train and supervise students on attachment and staff in the unit;
• Carry out demonstrations for clients and visitors;
• Participate in planning and evaluating laboratory services; and
• Any other duty as assigned from time to time.
b) Requirements for Appointment
i) Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum grade “C–” (C Minus) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
ii) Diploma in Applied Biology or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
iii) Working experience in the same field is an added advantage and
iv) Certificate in Computer Applications from a recognised institution.
MODE OF APPLICATION
I. Online Application
Interested applicants are required to click the link below and submit their information as guided; https://forms.gle/6TqDSvtXxafLVcEBA
II. Hard copy applications
IN ADDITION to the online application, applicants should send their hard copy applications and attach their Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates and national identification card. They should also include their day and evening telephone numbers, e–mail address and names and addresses of three referees to reach the Director KEFRI not later than Monday 6th December, 2021.
Envelopes containing the documents should clearly be marked with the position applied for and addressed to: –
Kenya Forestry Research Institute (KEFRI),
P.O. BOX 20412–00200, City Square,
KEFRI is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.