Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ASSISTANT TECHNOLOGIST (TAXONOMY): KEFRI 9
a) Duties and Responsibilities
• Participate in species identification and naming
• Assist in collecting, preparing, pressing and drying specimens;
• Mount herbarium voucher specimen on mounting board
• Assist in maintaining and preserving specimens and cultures;
• Recording experimental data;
• Keeping and maintaining laboratory records;
• Train and supervise students on attachment and staff in the unit;
• Carry out demonstrations for clients and visitors;
• Assist in ensuring that all scientific work in KEFRI is performed with correctly named plants;
• Undertake vegetation surveys, tree inventory and tree labelling
• Assist in compiling a checklists and distribution maps of tree species
• Assist in conservation, inventory and mapping of vegetation resources;
• Participate in depositing in KEFRI herbarium; voucher specimens permitting future checking;
• Assist in maintaining and developing KEFRI herbarium;
• Assist in data collection, preparation and analyses;
• Supervise interns and students on attachment; and
• Any other duty as assigned from time to time.
b) Requirements for Appointment
i) Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum grade “C–” (C Minus) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
ii) Diploma in Applied Biology from a recognized institution;
iii) Working experience in a herbarium field is an added advantage; and
iv) Certificate in Computer Applications from a recognised institution.
MODE OF APPLICATION
I. Online Application
Interested applicants are required to click the link below and submit their information as guided; https://forms.gle/6TqDSvtXxafLVcEBA
II. Hard copy applications
IN ADDITION to the online application, applicants should send their hard copy applications and attach their Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates and national identification card. They should also include their day and evening telephone numbers, e–mail address and names and addresses of three referees to reach the Director KEFRI not later than Monday 6th December, 2021.
Envelopes containing the documents should clearly be marked with the position applied for and addressed to: –
Kenya Forestry Research Institute (KEFRI),
P.O. BOX 20412–00200, City Square,
KEFRI is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.