Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY OFFICER (INFORMATION SECURITY): KEFRI 7
a) Duties and Responsibilities
• Seeking to build in security during the development stages of software systems, networks and data canters;
• Constantly monitoring for attacks and intrusions;
• Finds a potential threat or attempted breach and close off the security vulnerability to maintain a high security standard;
• Develop company–wide best practices for IT security;
• Perform penetration testing;
• Help colleagues install security software and understand information security management;
• Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management;
• Stay up–to–date on information technology trends and security standards;
• Providing end user support and training users on effective and efficient use of ICT facilities;
• Administering and managing users in the Active Directory, e–mail server and User applications; and
• Any other duty assigned from time to time.
b) Requirements for Appointment
i) Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) of at least mean grade “C +” (C plus) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
ii) Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields: Information Technology, Computer Science, Business IT, Software Engineering, ICT Project Management, Computer Engineering or its equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution;
iii) Working experience in the field of Information security is and added advantage;
iv) Valid membership to relevant professional body is an added advantage;
v) An excellent understanding of best practice within Information Security and risk management including standards such as ISO/IEC 27001, Cyber Essentials and COBIT;
vi) An understanding of Application Security threats and countermeasures;
vii) An understanding of current and emerging threats and countermeasures and the organisational challenges to addressing these threats;
viii) An excellent understanding of legislation and regulations that impact information Security; and
ix) A good practical knowledge of security technologies and wider business solutions including Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Identity and access management, SIEM, remote working and cloud technologies.
MODE OF APPLICATION
I. Online Application
Interested applicants are required to click the link below and submit their information as guided; https://forms.gle/6TqDSvtXxafLVcEBA
II. Hard copy applications
IN ADDITION to the online application, applicants should send their hard copy applications and attach their Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates and national identification card. They should also include their day and evening telephone numbers, e–mail address and names and addresses of three referees to reach the Director KEFRI not later than Monday 6th December, 2021.
Envelopes containing the documents should clearly be marked with the position applied for and addressed to: –
Kenya Forestry Research Institute (KEFRI),
P.O. BOX 20412–00200, City Square,
KEFRI is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.