Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
MANAGER SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT: KEFRI 3
a) Duties and Responsibilities
• Providing leadership in the development of procurement policies and procedures to provide a framework within which procurement processes are carried out in adherence to the acceptable standards;
• Ensuring implementation of set procurement procedures to adhere to Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act 2015;
• Developing and coordinating the preparation of annual procurement and disposal plans and their implementation;
• Carrying out pre–qualification of supplier’s eligibility and qualification in doing business with the Institute;
• Preparing tender documents for issuance to suppliers in requesting their bids in response to the requirements of the Institute including user goods/ services specifications;
• Advertising tenders to the public on behalf of the Institute in accordance with the legal requirements and increasing competition in the tendering process as a mechanism for ensuring value for money;
• Conducting supplier appraisal to evaluate their performance in service provision to the Institute;
• Overseeing the disposal of obsolete stores to avoid further deterioration to the assets that would otherwise result to the economic loss to the institute;
• Drawing services and supply contracts between the institute and service providers/ contractors to bind the two parties in a legal engagement in the supply of the goods and services;
• Liaising with the user department to ensure effective implementation of contracts for goods, works and services;
• Providing secretarial services to committees’ incidental to procurement of goods and services, and disposal of assets;
• Preparing professional opinion document based on tender evaluation report for approval or rejection by the Director/CEO;
• Preparing and file quarterly and annual procurement reports to Public Procurement Regulatory Institute (PPRA)in compliance with legal requirements;
• Monitoring and evaluating Supply Chain Management activities to ensure compliance with set regulations and with their effectiveness in meeting organizational needs;
• Preparing and negotiating the Division’s performance contract to outline the specific tasks to be undertaken by the Division to contribute to the Institute’s mandate;
• Allocating work to subordinates to ensure targets are effectively met;
• Evaluating the performance of staff in the Division to ascertain efficiency and effectiveness in work performance in meeting the objectives of the Division;
• Developing annual budget and work plans, to match operational requirements with available funds, control and manage the budget and expenditure;
• Mentoring, guiding and supervising subordinates through coaching and training to improve work performance;
• Any other duty as assigned from time to time.
b) Requirements for Appointment
i) At least thirteen (13) years’ relevant work experience, five (5) of which must have been in a management level of Assistant Manager in a comparable institution;
ii) Masters Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or relevant field from a recognized institution;
iii) Bachelors Degree in Procurement, Purchasing, logistics, Business Administration, Commerce, Economics or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
iv) Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management from a Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
v) Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum grade C+ (C plus) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution; or its equivalent;
vi) Current practicing license from Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM);
vii) Member of professional body such as Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) or Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS) in good standing;
viii) Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
ix) Proficiency in computer applications;
x) Demonstrated good results in work performance; and
xi) Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution.
MODE OF APPLICATION
I. Online Application
Interested applicants are required to click the link below and submit their information as guided; https://forms.gle/6TqDSvtXxafLVcEBA
II. Hard copy applications
IN ADDITION to the online application, applicants should send their hard copy applications and attach their Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates and national identification card. They should also include their day and evening telephone numbers, e–mail address and names and addresses of three referees to reach the Director KEFRI not later than Monday 6th December, 2021.
Envelopes containing the documents should clearly be marked with the position applied for and addressed to: –
Kenya Forestry Research Institute (KEFRI),
P.O. BOX 20412–00200, City Square,
KEFRI is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.