Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kenya Forestry Research Institute (KEFRI) is a State Corporation established in 1986 with obligation to undertake forest research, generate and promote improved technologies for sustainable management, conservation and development of forest and allied natural resources.
The Institute wishes to recruit dynamic, result-oriented and self-driven persons to fill the vacant positions below:
RESEARCH SCIENTIST (WOOD SCIENCE– WOOD COMPOSITE) : KEFRI 7b
a) Duties and Responsibilities
• Undertake research problem identification with stakeholders in Wood Composites;
• Develop multi–disciplinary research projects in Wood Composites;
• Prioritizing research problems for implementation;
• Participating in developing research concepts for donor support;
• Participating in identifying relevant literature material;
• Participating in identifying suitable sites for establishing experiment;
• Design and implementation of experiments;
• Undertake data collection, analysis and preparation of reports;
• Participating in writing appropriate technical reports including Peer reviewed Journal
papers, research notes, technical notes, conference posters, dissemination flyers;
• Supervising the implementation of dissemination activities that include Open days,
field days, ASK shows, Radio and TV Talks;
• Disseminating research findings in local and international fora that include seminar,
• Proposal writing to seek for funding from within and outside the Institute;
• Supervise and mentor junior technical staff, interns, students on attachment and
visitors including High School, Colleges;
• Participating in implementing relevant ISO standards in Research and Development;
• Participating in compiling of departmental quarterly and annual reports
• Preparing and signing performance contracts with their supervisor; and
• Any other duty as assigned from time to time.
b) Requirements for Appointment
i) Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum aggregate ‘C+’ (C plus) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
ii) At least an Upper Second Honors in Bachelor of Science in Wood Science and Technology/Industrial Processing or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
iii) MSc. Degree in Wood Science with specialization in Wood Composite or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
iv) Should have published at least two (2) Journal papers in the relevant journal;
v) Strong planning and time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet strict deadlines;
vi) Strong verbal and written communication skills, including excellent presentation skills with the ability to engage audiences locally, regionally and globally;
vii) Working experience in the same field is an added advantage;
viii) Being a member of a professional body will be an added advantage; and
ix) Certificate in Computer Applications from a recognized institution.
How to Apply
- Online Application
Interested applicants are required to click the link below and submit their information as guided; https://forms.gle/6TqDSvtXxafLVcEBA
- Hard copy applications
IN ADDITION to the online application, applicants should send their hard copy applications and attach their Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates and national identification card. They should also include their day and evening telephone numbers, e-mail address and names and addresses of three referees to reach the Director KEFRI not later than Monday 6th December, 2021.
Envelopes containing the documents should clearly be marked with the position applied
for and addressed to: –
Kenya Forestry Research Institute (KEFRI),
P.O. BOX 20412-00200, City Square,
KEFRI is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.