Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Epidemiologist will support NASCOP and NACC in conducting regular epidemic analysis and surveillance activities to design HIV prevention programmes, assess progress in HIV prevention work and reset priorities. The position will have the responsibility for providing technical consultation and support to NASCOP and NACC, and its collaborating agencies to use epidemic and programme data for planning concerning various complex epidemiology and surveillance projects. The Epidemiologist will also support capacity strengthening of national and county teams in conducting epidemic appraisals and using data for priority setting. The person will also provide technical support and mentoring for implementation of the monitoring and evaluation system, including develop comprehensive monitoring system for HIV prevention, development of data collection systems/ tools (where necessary), design and conduct surveys and surveillance to measure HIV prevention, analysis of data and use for decision making. The position will ensure related deliverables of the project are met on a timely basis and find effective solutions to address emerging gaps. The position will be based at the project’s main office in Nairobi with significant travel to counties and sub counties.
Qualification and Experience
· A minimum qualification of MBChB/MBBS/MD with a master’s degree in epidemiology;
· Additional training in K-FELTP is necessary;
· Minimum 10 years of experience working as an epidemiologist in HIV;
· At least 5 years of experience in developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation systems for HIV prevention;
· At least 5 years of experience in designing and implementing surveys and surveillance issues related to HIV;
· At least 3 years of experience of direct supervision of professional teams;
· Experience in training and facilitation; and
· Proficiency in either SAS, STATA or R statistical software packages
· Develop tools and practical implementation guidance to conduct epidemic appraisals at the national and county level;
· Develop framework and tools for analysis of the findings of the epidemic analysis and use for planning;
· Support capacity building efforts for national and county level staff to conduct epidemic appraisals and use programme data for programme improvements;
· Support key county officials to understand the state of the epidemic in each county and develop annual implementation plans based on the epidemic analysis; revision of county implementation plans based on new analysis and data, where applicable;
· Provide technical support to develop a comprehensive monitoring and evaluation framework to monitor HIV prevention as a continuum;
· Conduct cascade analysis and programme effectiveness analysis to assess gaps and jointly find solutions;
· Develop monitoring and reporting tools where needed to standardize programme monitoring processes;
· Support in design and implementation of HIV prevention related surveillance and surveys;
· Work with team members to put together protocols, data analysis plans, and other data dissemination outputs;
· Support in measuring national and county level key indicators for HIV prevention and provide guidance for use of the data for decision making;
· Support in compilation of national reports for Global fund, NACC and NASCOP, and other reporting;
· Work closely with Project Director to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships with NASCOP and NACC, and other agencies and institutions, and key partners;
· Develop and review analysis plans, provide interpretation for analysis and write up results as needed;
· Facilitate and/or coordinate dissemination of surveillance data through preparation of presentations, reports and scientific manuscripts;
· Develop annual report for the project and provide data for donor reporting and other national reports; and,
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
How To Apply
Applications from qualified and interested candidates should be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications should consist of an updated CV including names of three professional referees, with current daytime telephone contact and a cover letter
indicating the position applied for in the subject header.
All applications must be received no later than November 25, 2021.
Partner for Health and Development in Africa (PHDA) is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.