Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for supporting the monitoring and evaluation function of the project. The position will ensure that the national HIV prevention monitoring system is implemented in the priority counties, strengthen capacity of the county data collectors to understand the definitions of indicators, assess quality of the data collected and develop and implement plans to address the gaps, compile and analyze routine monitoring data and develop presentations for program use. The position will be based at the project’s main office in Nairobi with significant travel to counties, sub counties, health facilities and implementing partners.
Qualification and Experience
· Masters or Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Demography, Population Studies;
· A minimum of 7 years of experience of monitoring and evaluating HIV prevention programmes in Kenya;
· At least 5 years of experience in conducting surveys and research and analysis of survey/ research data;
· At least 5 years of experience of developing presentations, data dashboards using monitoring and evaluation data;
· Demonstrated experience of statistical packages and/ or data analysis software (e.g. SPSS, Excel, Epi Info, SMART, STAT 01) and advanced computer skills (word-processing, spread sheets, and databases) are a must; and
· Experience in working collaboratively with stakeholder – government and non-government.
· Support the implementation and integration of M&E system by all partners in the counties, and that quality is maintained;
· Facilitate joint regular data quality assessment meetings to ensure that quality of data is good and QI/QM is implemented at the prevention programmes;
· Support in the identification of prevention programme gaps using routine programme data, work with respective stakeholders to resolve the challenges and ensure a robust electronic information system;
· Support NACSOP and NACC to ensure that HIV prevention programme data is collected and submitted timely by counties through the KHIS platform;
· Support in conducting routine data quality checks on program data to address and resolve data errors;
· Participate in the design, implementation, review and roll out of the national data tools;
· Support in strengthening capacity of the data officers at different levels to understand the indicator definitions in all reporting tools pertaining to HIV prevention programmes;
· Providing regular data analysis summaries with a view of giving the county strategic advantage and making informed decisions;
· Participate in Monitoring and Evaluation Technical Working Groups (TWGs) at national and county level;
· Support in implementation of surveys and surveillance activities related to HIV prevention;
· Provide timely analyzed data, graphs, presentations to support reporting to the national programme; and,
· Perform other duties as assigned.
How To Apply
Applications from qualified and interested candidates should be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications should consist of an updated CV including names of three professional referees, with current daytime telephone contact and a cover letter
indicating the position applied for in the subject header.
All applications must be received no later than November 25, 2021.
Partner for Health and Development in Africa (PHDA) is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.