Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Royal Media Services Limited wishes to recruit a suitably qualified individual to the position of a TV Reporter. He/she will be required to source, generate, package and present the news. He/she will report to the News Editor – TV
Key roles & responsibilities
- Generating ideas for news stories and news features
- Following leads from news agencies, the police, the public, press conferences and other sources;
- Generating ideas to editors and producers;
- Researching and compiling relevant information to support a story using credible information sources such as the internet, archives, databases, etc.;
- Writing scripts for bulletins, headlines and special reports;
- Selecting appropriate locations, pictures and sound and exercising judgment on the best story angle;
- Identifying necessary resources and deploying/managing technical crews for field assignments and location shoots, including sound operators and camera crew;
- Providing input, advising crews on what to film or record;
- Using portable digital video (DV) cameras and other equipment to record material and appropriate editing software to produce complete packages for broadcast;
- Preparing and presenting material ‘on air’ for both pre-recorded and live pieces;
- Identifying potential interviewees, briefing them, preparing interview questions and conducting both live and recorded interviews;
- Preparing timings for each news item and monitoring these during broadcast;
- Developing and maintaining useful contacts and relations with news sources;
- Understanding and complying with media law and industry codes of conduct.
Academic and professional/work Experience
- Degree in journalism, mass communications or any other related field
- Degree in social science and post-graduate training in journalism or mass communication
- A Post Graduate Degree in Journalism
- At least two years relevant experience in a busy newsroom in a media house covering all aspects of news planning, gathering, editing and airing.
- Excellent written and spoken English and/or Swahili. Capacity for bilingual reporting (English/Swahili) will be an added advantage
- An edge for news or features, ability for quick thinking, persistence, personal initiative and a good memory
- Sound knowledge of the local and international social, political and economic news-shaping environment
- A clear communicating voice
- Ability to report accurately and impartially.
- Ability to work for long hours and on short notice
- Willingness to work for long hours and on short notice
- Willingness to travel locally and abroad including to difficult and dangerous locations in line of duty
If you are interested and qualified, please email your CV and a one-page statement explaining why you are the ideal candidate for the position to email@example.com by Tuesday 23rd November 2021
Clearly cite Job Ref No. HRD/TVR /11/2021 as your email subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.