Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The post holder will be accountable to the USAID Nawiri Health Systems Strengthening Advisor for supporting Finance, HR, IT, supply chain and Administration services in programming contexts. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring compliance with SCI global standards, policies and practices. The position also plays a key role in effectively supporting program implementation activities in line with the annual and country strategic plans.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Ensure TIMs and other warehousing records are updated daily.
- Support programme logistics in areas of procurement, transport and distribution, warehousing and stock management, management of vehicle fleets, communication systems, and assets.
- Support programme staff to develop procurement plans.
- Support field office procurement requests and LPOs for local procurements liaising with Supply Chain Officers/coordinators in Nairobi and Programme Implementation team
- Communicate with IT and Supply Chain for maintenance or upgrading or replacement of any asset assigned asset and GPE assigned to the field Office.
- Provide security orientation / briefing to all visitors and all incoming or newly appointed SC staff
- Report all safety and security
- Collect and disseminate security related incidents and near misses and data to the APM, field based staff and SSM
- Capacity building of SCI vendors on child safe guarding policies e.g. driver’s hazards while driving to the field areas.
- Plan for and budget the depreciation of vehicle assets to ensure the sustainability of SC’s transportation resources;
Human resources and administration
- Provide administrative function to ensure the provision of effective administrative support in the field office. Ensure office is clean, well maintained and has all essential suppliers.
- Support the recruitment of casuals at the field office.
- Support in Contract engagements of casuals.
- Maintain clear communication with both the functional (direct) line manager and the technical manager to foster a smooth working relation under existing matrix structure.
- Manage performance of direct reports in the work area through effective use of the Performance Management System including the establishment of clear, measureable objectives, ongoing feedback, periodic reviews and fair and unbiased evaluations.
- Facilitate and follow up induction and on boarding of all staff engaging with Save the Children as per the Induction guidelines.
Financial accounting, planning and budgeting.
- Consolidate all financial documents generated at field office and send to relevant officers in Nairobi; these include supplier invoices, staff liquation, Mpesa payment lists, receipts, etc.
- Support with daily programming accounting operation in liaison with Finance Officers in Nairobi; these include payment of suppliers, processing activity advances, payment of casuals, etc.
- Set up a tracking system at the field for all documents sent to Nairobi for processing.
Contract Duration: 12 Months
Number of Vacancies: 1
Work Location: Turkana
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Degree in Social Sciences or Business Administration from a recognized University.
- Strong knowledge/experience HR and admin, logistics and financial management.
- Demonstrates a strong drive and commitment to achieve agreed objectives
- Minimum three year’s relevant experience in Support Services within a busy organisation preferably an INGO.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English. Knowledge of the local language and context will be a distinct advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency in working with computers particularly spread sheets and word processing
- Experience of working within a team and team building.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets.
- Commitment to Save the Children values, including willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding policy.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
How to apply
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy.
Closing Date: 1 Dec 2021 – 23:59 EAT
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Female Candidates are encouraged to apply.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.