Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Human Resources Assistant assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties. The HR assistant carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: Filing, contract management, and recruitment, leave administration, and orientation, process work permits. This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya but supports functions across all of AWF’s Africa based offices. This position will report to the Human Resources Officer.
- Assist in managing physical and electronic filing of the Human Resources Department by ensuring that all files are compliant, up-to-date, and complete. Share the employee filing system with the other offices.
- Assist in coordinating recruitments, , posting advertisements, responding to applications, short-listing candidates, scheduling interviews, (as applicable) selection process, and preparing interview and recruitment reports.
- Keep track of Africa and Europe recruitments and share the recruitment log with the HR Team on a weekly basis.
- Assist in drafting employment offer letters and contracts, including new contracts, amendments, and renewals. Facilitate all signatures and electronically files for fully executed documents.
- Send out a monthly summary of new and renewed contracts to HR Officer and HR Manager.
- Perform reference and background checks on selected candidates
- Upon recruitment, collect all appropriate employment forms and provide to the finance department.
- Assist in the development of employee materials for on boarding and off boarding. Assist in coordinating new staff meeting schedule with relevant key staff, directors, and (as applicable).
- Track probation reviews for new hires and send final review reminders to manager one month before the end of the probation period
- Update the staff list and share it relevant teams by 30th of every month.
- Provide administrative support to the HR department on a daily basis.
- Draft Human Resources team minutes.
- Respond to employee queries in a timely manner.
- Track calendar events for the function
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field
- Member of IHRM
- At least 2 years progressive experience in a non-profit organization and/or Human Resources
- Proven experience in an international context
- Proactivity is a key requirement for this position
- Excellent organizational skills: able to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to provide good customer service with patience and a sense of urgency.
- Professional, diplomatic and thoughtful communication skills.
- Strong Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite, familiarity with HRIS systems or able to learn
- French fluency will be an added advantage
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential matters with the highest level of professional.
- Good writing skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong level of competence with Excel
- High aptitude