Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Title: Grants Compliance Specialist
Location: Kenya, Country office
Reporting Relationship: Grants Acquisition and Management Manager
The Grants Compliance Specialist supports the execution of ChildFund Kenya’s grant acquisition and management strategy and serves as a country office (CO) resource providing guidance and oversight on effectiveness, scope, on time and on budget implementation of the CO’s grants portfolio. The Grants Compliance Specialist handles issues related to the fiscal, administration and regulatory management of grants and contracts from award receipt through close-out. The position works to strengthen the grant execution capacity of the CO. The position works closely with the Grants Acquisition and Management Manager at Country Office to provide post-award services in managing grants and contracts.
- Ensures CO compliance with ChildFund’s Post-Award grant management Policy, Procedures and project management standards.
- Participates in award start-up meetings with donors and grant staff to gain full understanding of the criteria and requirements necessary to manage each award and refines operational policies and procedures relevant for effective and efficient management of grants, contracts and sub-awards.
- Monitors Country Office capability to execute grant/contract activities, including timely execution of deliverables, authorizations, and payments, as well as management of advances to sub-awardees.
- Leads the Country Office in developing remedial action plans to correct deficiencies in the execution of grants and contracts portfolio.
- Provides technical assistance on organizational grant management standards and procedures and donor regulations for project planning and close-out phases of grant implementation.
- Responsible for ensuring proper organizational registration and management in salesforce of all existing and newly funded grants/contracts at Country level.
- Collaborates with the Assurance Team in preparation of grant reviews and post-review findings that implicate grants management and compliance.
- Ensures the proper use of Salesforce to record grant activity from award to project close-out.
- Assist Project Implementation Teams organize Project close-out workshops
- Strengthens the capacity of the CO to apply Project Management standards and skills.
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Min. 5 – 7 years’ professional experience in a grant acquisition/ institutional fundraising role in the international development and/or humanitarian aid sector; field experience a plus.
- Proven track record of successful acquisition of grants from bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g. EU, USAID, DFID) and/or international foundations.
- Familiarity with donor strategies, eligibility requirements, compliance and submission processes.
- Excellent knowledge of project design (logframes, budgeting), project cycle management
- Strong analytical skills including successfully performing financial reviews, determination of responsibility, and other forms of quantitative analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in managing budgets and cost projections.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and facilitating capacity building, program/training, coaching and/or mentoring project staff in the basics of grant management.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and work autonomously under pressure of deadline required
- Demonstrated experience of donor rules and regulations, especially the USG regulatory environment
- Prior experience working in the development sector.
- Demonstrated diplomacy in building relationships, working collaboratively within a growing organization, and within broader external coalitions
- Experience with US government (USAID, USDOS, USDOL) and other donors (EU, DFID, BMZ etc.) on implementing grants, cooperative agreements and/or contracts strongly preferred.
- Certification from a reputable service provider in Project Management (PMP, PMD) is preferred
- Strong knowledge and skills of Word, Advanced Excel skills, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, and Adobe. Prior experience working with SalesForce and SharePoint is a plus.
- Fluency in English required.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Development or a field related to the organization’s core program, or equivalent relevant work experience (MA preferred).
The Grants Compliance Specialist can draw on the support of Kenya Country team members in the development of his/her responsibilities. Preferably these global team members provide input into recruitment, performance planning and evaluation. The primary team members for this position will be: Grants Acquisition and Management Manager, Business Development Specialist, Grant Coordinators etc.
ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.