Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
I&M Bank is a leading commercial bank headquartered in Kenya with a growing regional presence. The Bank offers a wide range of commercial banking and financial products and services, and prides itself on introducing innovative products and services based on the needs of its customers. We are seeking to recruit a competent and highly motivated individual with extensive experience and abilities to support business growth in the following position:
BRANCH MANAGER-KISUMU BRANCH.
The role is responsible for effectively growing the portfolio by working on strategies to acquire new customers, retain and expand through cross selling the relationship with existing customers. This is a P&L role where the role holder is expected to grow the profitability of the portfolio at the branch. Performance indicators include growth in Total Net Revenue, loan assets, CASA deposits, High Cost deposits, Growth in Non funded income, Management of asset quality, New to Bank revenue, management of operational losses and enhanced customer satisfaction / experience.
The Incumbent will report to the General Manager- Personal and Business Banking and will be responsible for:
- Marketing and sales for new business in both assets and liabilities for the branch;
- Cross selling all the Bank products to the existing and new portfolio of customers;
- Arranging meetings with potential and existing clients for higher engagement and exploring business opportunities;
- Monitoring accounts and following up for repayments and remedial action where accounts may become delinquent;
- Setting targets for the Branch teams and monitoring performance to ensure the Branch achieves its overall business targets;
- Reviewing the credit applications and call reports prepared by the Relationship Officer and making appropriate recommendations to the approving authorities;
- Reviewing the daily overrides report as well as over the counter payments and making appropriate decisions or recommendations.
- Processing of ad-hoc/additional/new requests/complaints/excesses and obtaining approvals where/when required;
- Following up with customers to ensure compliance with sanctioned terms and conditions with respect to account operations and provision of all requisite documents and covenants;
- Complying with audit observations and initiating necessary action and follow up with clients;
- Educating and creating awareness for the client on new products, Banking regulations, requirements and industry trends;
- Providing feedback to Senior Management on customer requirements/ market trends/product development to suit the needs of the customers;
- Ensuring quality service delivery within prescribed TATs to ensure customer satisfaction and business retention or growth;
- Mentoring and managing the entire Branch team;
- Approving large RTGS, TT, Fixed deposit initiations as required.
- Oversight of Branch operations duties and actions that includes:
- Authorizing transactions;
- Reviewing and signing Letters of Offer and Letters of guarantee as per policy;
- Approving recurrent administrative expenditure, as per delegated authority
- Representing the bank at local events and bank functions;
- Maintaining the Branch and Branch assets; and
- Taking charge of the security of the Branch and customers visiting the Branch.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognized institution will be an added advantage; and
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Management or Accounting from a recognized institution
- Chartered Institute of Marketing diploma (CIM); and
- Member of Associate of Kenya Institute of Bankers (AKIB) or its equivalent professional body.
- At least 5 years relevant experience.
- Ability to write complex letters, comprehensive reports and to perform complex calculations.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong people management skills;
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills;
- Good networking skills; and
- Ability to drive performance and manage resources.
If you believe you meet the above requirements log onto our website www.imbankgroup.com/ke and click on careers and apply for the position . Your application should reach us as soon as possible but not later than 25th November 2021.