Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to the Manager, KQ Health, the ideal candidate will be responsible for providing and coordinating clinical care to ensure desired patient care outcomes, high quality service and best practice standards. S/he will work in close collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of health professionals to ensure the effective and efficient performance of the medical center.
- Undertake day-to-day clinical duties, e.g. walk-in clinic, emergencies, pre-placement and periodic medical examinations.
- Recommend admissions and referral of all patients where specialized services are required.
- Perform minor surgical procedures in the facility.
- Follow up on all laboratory or radiological investigations to ensure that they are done in a timely manner.
- Manage the chronic care health program.
- Participate in addressing work environment and occupational health issues.
- Provide and coordinate emergency care at the facility.
- Ensure accurate capture of medical information and provide data analysis for management.
- Advise organization on fitness to work , sick leave, and medical evacuations as per Kenya Airways protocol.
- Participate and coordinate internal Continuous Medical Education (CME) programs.
- Coordinate CMEs.
- Prepare medical reports for patients as may be required by the payers.
- Keep abreast with developments in diagnostics and therapeutics in the market and adopts accordingly.
- Administration on medical clearances (fitness for work), sick leave, medical evacuations/repatriations; eligibility to a disability benefit, service incurred compensation claims, and medical insurance claims.
- Participate in quality improvement programs and Hospital Committees as appointed from time to time.
- Ensure adherence to claims management process to avoid rejections on clinical grounds.
- Manage the average spend per patient based on the guidelines issued by each of the payers.
Knowledge, Skills and experience;
- Bachelors’ Degree in in Medicine & Surgery (MBChB) from a recognized university.
- A valid registration certificate and annual retention from the Kenya Medical Practitioners & Dentists Council.
- Training in Acute Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Acute Trauma Life Support (ATLS).
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Medical Officer post internship in a similar position.
- Experience handling the COVID-19 pandemic in an organization setting is required.
- Occupational health certification and aviation health experience will be an added advantage.
- Superior team leadership, team working and co-operation skills with the ability to drive change management.
- Excellent negotiation, listening and problem solving skills as well as excellent communication skills.
- Ability to handle pressure and difficult situations with resilience, calmly and effectively.
- Must be a person of unquestionable integrity.
- Customer Centric
- Delivers and owns results
- Critical and proactive thinking.
- Creativity & Innovation.
- Inspires trust and integrity
How to apply:
If you fit the profile, then apply today! Please submit a copy of your detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Due to the volume of applications that we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Kenya Airways is an equal opportunity employer.