Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DEPARTMENT OF DEVOLUTION, PUBLIC SERVICE AND DISASTER MANAGEMENT (RE ADVERTISEMENT).
Director of Human Resource Management.
J/G ‘R’ (1 Post) REF:
The Officer will be responsible to the relevant Executive Officer for planning, coordinating and administration of human resource activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
a) Formulation of Human Resource and Development policies, rules, regulations and procedures for the Kilifi County Public Service.
b) Undertake research to enhance professionalism in Human Resource and Development Policies, Systems and Procedures.
c) Coordinate and participate in the implementation of Human Resource and Development policies, rules, regulations and procedures in the Kilifi County Public Service.
d) Provide guidance on human resource management and development for County Ministries/Departments
e) Coordinate and participate in the development and implementation of Human Resource Management and Development Strategy in the Kilifi County Public Service.
f) Coordinate and participate in the promotion of the values and principles of public service
g) Coordinate and participate in collection and collation of information from County Ministries/Departments.
h) Coordinate and participate in preparation of reports to Kilifi County Public Service Board.
i) Organize and participate in the optimal utilization of Human Resources in the Kilifi County Public Service in preparation of proposals to Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
j) Coordinate and participate in the development, review and implementation of the Division’s Performance Contracting Targets.
k) Coordinate and participate in the implementation of Staff Performance Appraisal System (SPAS) in the County Ministries/Departments.
l) Coordinate and participate in the implementation of rewards and sanctions framework in County Ministries/Departments
m) Coordinate and participate in the monitoring and evaluation of Staff Performance Appraisal System in the Kilifi County Public Service.
n) Coordinate and participate in the development and review of Staff Performance Appraisal System in the Kilifi County public Service.
o) Coordinate and participate in the sensitization and training of Kilifi County public staff on Staff Performance Appraisal System.
p) Guide and participate in the negotiation of agreements with labour unions.
q) Coordinate and participate in monitoring the implementation of Collective Bargaining Agreements.
r) Initiate the design, development and implementation of Human Resource Information Systems.
s) Coordinate and participate in the monitoring and evaluation on the implementation and maintenance of Human Resource Information Systems in the Kilifi County Public Service.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have;-
• Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Human Resource Management, Human Resource Development, Human Resource Planning, Business Administration (HR option) from a recognized university in Kenya.
• Masters degree in Human Resource/Human Resource Management, Human Resource Planning, Industrial Relations, Labor Relations, Business Administration, and Counseling Psychology from a recognized university in Kenya.
• Membership to a relevant professional Body
• Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution in Kenya.
• Minimum of not less than ten (10) years relevant experience in Human Resources administration activities in the management level.
• Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
• Demonstrated a high degree of professional competence, administrative capabilities and initiative in the general organization and management of the human resource and a thorough understanding of the human resource issues and emerging human resource management practices/ techniques.
Other Key Competencies and Skills
i. Strong managerial skills and ability to lead teams.
ii. Strong communication, analytical and reporting skills;
iii. Strong organization and inter personal skills;
iv. Mentoring, coaching and leadership skills;
v. Interpersonal and negotiation skills;
vi. Conflict management skills.
Terms of service: Permanent
Salary Scale: 121,430 – 169,140 p.m.
Other Allowances are as issued by Salaries and Remuneration Commission
Those that applied in the previously advertised position need not apply
How to Apply
For candidates to meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, all applicants must obtain the following:
(a) Tax compliance certificate from KRA
(b) Clearance certificate from HELB
(c) Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission (EACC)
(d) Certificate of good conduct (DCC)
(e) Credit Reference Bureau clearance
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria MUST use the Application for Employment Form (KCPSB 001) and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates and testimonials.
The form can either be;
• Obtained from the Kilifi County Public Service Board Offices OR
• Downloaded from the Kilifi County website
Applicants should ;
• Deliver the form to the Office of the Secretary; County Public Service Board at the Kilifi Complex Centre, Tuskys Building 2nd Floor
• Address it to;-
THE SECRETARY, COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
KILIFI COUNTY GOVERNMENT
P.O BOX 491-80108
All applications in hard copy stating the post applied for should be received not later than 5.00pm on 13th day of December, 2021.
Kilifi County is an equal opportunity employer hence encourages women and physically challenged persons to apply.
▪ Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
▪ Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
▪ It is a criminal offence to present fake certificates/documents.