Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Full-time, Start-Date: Immediate Mandate
Our GroR platform enables smallholder farmers to access off-takers by ensuring full chain of custody and high-quality crops. We provide them with the right quality inputs, access to capital and risk-mitigation as well as training. In our current pilot project, we are present in Tharaka, Makueni, Bungoma, Lamu, Meru, Kitui and Kilifi.
Grain Connect is seeking a talented and experienced Training Specialist – Nairobi based to join our growing agricultural business by assisting our local implementing partner Farmshine to expand our GroR platform.
Reporting to the CEO of Grain Connect, the Training Specialist is expected to be responsible and accountable for the training and development of the field team and HQ office team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop training packages on different topics including, but not limited to:
- Company values, ethics, principles, vision
- Use of the trading app
- Training of trainers on technical crop-related aspects (agriculture, measurable indicators of quality for each commodity, contracting, aggregation, trading and logistics)
- Leading the process of content development jointly with a team of managers.
- Selecting and developing training aids, including training material for face-to-face training and digital / multimedia tools for digital-based training
- Evaluates effectiveness of training and development programs and utilizes relevant evaluation data to revise or recommend changes in instructional objectives and methods
- Assist in analyzing and assessing training and development needs
- Maintain records of training and development activities
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Key Competencies (skills):
- Excellent decision making and organizational skills
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Ability to convey complex information in a way that people understand
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Team player
Experience and Education:
- A degree in education or a related field.
- Prior experience in training management
- Proven working experience in instructional design and with instructional technology
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Solid knowledge of course development and training delivery software
- Visual design skills (such as but not restricted to Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator) and ability to storyboard
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
How To Apply
Grain Connect believes that diversity, equity and inclusion is critical to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer whose team works hard to build respect, dignity and equity into everything we do. We seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented, driven and entrepreneurial minded people from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet the challenges, please send your cover letter to email@example.com enclosing your CV by 30th November COB. We will only respond to electronic applications and to shortlisted applicants.