Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to the Data Protection Officer, the Data Privacy Manager will be responsible for the implementation of data protection principles, monitor compliance, inform / advise and report on data protection obligations.
- Review controls implemented by the Bank to inform, advise and issue recommendations to the business with regards to data protection, privacy and compliance.
- Regularly training stakeholders involved in data collection/processing.
- Maintain and update the personal data inventory for respective locations, ensuring reconciliation with the information technology asset inventory.
- Monitoring performance and providing advice on the impact of data protection efforts.
- Assist the Data Protection Officer in conducting data privacy impact assessments at the initiation of any new/modified business process, facility, service or technology that shall impact KCB privacy posture.
- Conduct regular assessment to ensure the Bank’s compliance with the data protection laws.
- Be proactive in horizon scanning for proposed and actual changes to data protection laws and guidance to ensure awareness of changes in the regulatory environment, and to advise the business on how to be market-leading in its data protection strategy.
- Identify and evaluate the Bank’s data processing activities and keep the Bank’s data processing inventory updated at all times.
- Responding to data subjects to inform them about how their personal data is being used and what measures the Bank has put in place to protect their data.
- Work collaboratively and proactively with the legal and compliance team in relation to data protection issues.
- Perform other related duties as emanates from the post, as and when assigned by the Supervisor.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Degree in Information Technology, Legal, Risk Management or Business-related degree
- Professional qualification in one of the following: CISA / CISM / CRISC / CDPSE or CIPP / CIPM is added advantage
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience within a Risk, Compliance or Legal function, with experience in Privacy Compliance.
- Experience in Data Privacy Laws within the region and/or EU Data Privacy laws.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain trust and credibility at all levels
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products
- Professionalism and integrity in line with the Bank values.
- High-level oral and written communication skills.
- A proven ability to provide independent, objective views of risk and innovative solutions to problems, with the capability to articulate these up to board level.
- Personal motivation and drive exhibited through commitment to hard work, continuous improvement, and achievement of goals.
- Good customer relationship management skills (internal and external customers)
- Risk awareness and focus to demonstrate an understanding of risk management practices, standards, and regulatory requirements
- Effective stakeholder management.
The above positions are demanding roles for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidates. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment Portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Monday, 6th December 2021
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: In the event that you are invited to interview for any position, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable