Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sightsavers is looking for an experienced and organised production manager to manage the content and stories team workflow and capacity
Salary: Local terms and conditions apply
Location: Sightsavers Country Offices in East, West, Central, and Southern Africa regions, as well as Bangladesh and Pakistan
Contract: Two year fixed-term contract with expectation of extension
Hours: This is a full-time role with some flexibility around hours worked and some home working
About the role
Sightsavers has recently established a new creative team for the campaigns and communications directorate, combining story gathering and content production. The team has responsibility for responding to creative communications briefs and supporting teams around the organisation with video and editorial services, developing campaign concepts and generating the required content and stories to fulfil them. Through a close relationship with the web, design and branding team we also have access to in-house design and digital development resource, as well as a roster of external freelancers. We work alongside the communications team to ensure communications content fulfils strategic requirements.
The production manager will be the point of contact for all work coming into the team and has responsibility for developing and implementing systems and processes that ensure efficient delivery and collaboration with other relevant teams.
With oversight on all active team projects and team capacity you’ll be the nerve centre of the team, allocating briefs to the appropriate team members, supporting with development of timing plans and budgets, bringing in extra resource where required and forward planning with communications managers.
Key duties will include:
- Developing and implementing workflow management systems
- Managing the team capacity and workflow to ensure efficient delivery
- Project management oversight
- Asset management and dissemination
- Cross team collaboration and learning
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Substantial experience in a similar role
- Proven experience of production managing a creative team, including resource allocation and management
- Proven experience of developing and implementing workflow and capacity systems and processes
- Excellent knowledge of project management and workflow tools
- Outstanding project management skills
- Excellent understanding of key production skills and identifying strengths in team members
- Proven experience commissioning and managing freelancer processes
- Strong understanding of communications and content strategies and plans
- Excellent knowledge of what makes a good brief
- Proven experience of working with creative suppliers; great contacts in creative production circles, including video, editorial, design and digital development
- Proven experience of independently managing several projects at once and working under pressure
- Excellent knowledge of on and offline communications channels
- Demonstrable knowledge of the NGO sector and NGO communications
- Agency experience preferred
Please read the full job description for further details
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Local terms and conditions apply and we can share these with you prior to interview.
To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please complete an application via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying.
We anticipate that remote interviews will take place in early December and the evaluation process will include a role-specific task.