Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetime. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it’s needed, saving lives of victims of war, civil conflicts and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their shattered lives. Present in 80 countries, the organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationship necessary to provide access to nutritious food and contribute to the lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas. WFP’s greatest strength is its dedicated people working tirelessly around the world to reduce hunger, often under difficult conditions where security threats and risks to personal safety are considerable.
The WFP Regional Bureau for Eastern and Central Africa (RBN) is based in Nairobi and provides strategic direction, technical guidance, resource mobilization and management support to WFP operations and activities in nine countries: Burundi, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda.
To support effective delivery of finance, budget, and administration support services in order to facilitate transparent and efficient utilization of financial resources.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related fields
Working Experience: one or more years of progressively responsible work experience in finance and budgeting field.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written English. Intermediate knowledge of other UN language would be an advantage.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
What you will do:
- Assist in providing the procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of finance and budget, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules, and regulations.
- Monitor monthly expenditure forecasts and provide expenditure reports to facilitate informed decision-making.
- Monitor the sub-imprest bank and petty cash accounts regularly, to ensure that adequate funds are available and appropriately disbursed.
- Perform bank reconciliations for the regional bureau accounts and action of reconciliation issues.
- Verify vendor claims, advances and other receivables and observe appropriate procurement procedures, to ensure that suppliers are paid in a timely manner and in conformance with WFP finance rules and regulations.
- Monitor and record all expenses in line with the approved budget to ensure that correct expenditure costs are charged and payments to external suppliers and other supplier invoices are processed in a timely manner.
- Monitor and reconcile the Regional Bureau Invoice tracking system by ensuring weekly reports are issued to spending unit focal points and flag any system issues that require escalation.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: Cont
- Maintenance of the finance physical and digital repository files.
- Support with the vendor reconciliation process. Initiate the vendor circularization process, follow up for responses and manage discrepancies.
- Preparation of the consolidated country offices monthly management closure reports (MMC) and follow up with regional bureau management approval process and submission to headquarters.
- Coordinate and review of the quarterly external auditors’ inputs from country offices and follow up on incomplete details with respective Country Offices.
- Support with the regional coordination for the vendors record review exercise to ensure timely compliance.
- Perform any other duties as required.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Type of Contract: Service Contract, SC5 ( equivalent to G5)
Duty Station: Nairobi Regional Bureau , Kenya
Contract Duration: 12 months-Renewable
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
2nd December 2021
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be Contacted
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.