Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
At Chemonics, we believe our mission of helping people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives is driven by our commitment to service-service to our mission, to our beneficiaries, to our clients, and to our staff. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners, and beneficiaries face difficult challenges, from political instability to limited healthcare to a lack of market infrastructure. We have helped them overcome those challenges by working together to find and implement innovative projects that achieve development impact. We are entirely employee-owned, giving us both the freedom and the responsibility to pursue our mission with single-minded focus. Holding ourselves to the highest quality standards, we are also committed to living our values of caring, excellence, innovation, integrity, and opportunity to implement efficient and effective programs that build a better future for those we serve.
Chemonics seeks a finance assistant for the Research and Innovation Systems in Africa (RISA) Fund programme is a multi-country project funded by the U.K. Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) focusing on strengthening research and innovation systems in target countries, combining the fund manager requirements of two current funds under the RISA umbrella: Strengthening Research Institutions in Africa (SRIA) and African Technology and Innovation Partnerships (ATIP). RISA seeks to strengthen research and innovation systems by developing a portfolio of well-designed, evidence-based sub-projects in Kenya, Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, Rwanda, and Tanzania. The RISA programme has three objectives:
- Research institution and system strengthening (SRIA). To support research organisations to have the capabilities necessary to produce relevant, high-quality research and to create an enabling environment for researchers and research organisations.
- Innovation system strengthening (ATIP). To strengthen the enablers for the scaling of new and emerging technologies with the high potential for poverty reduction and inclusive growth.
- Strengthening synergies between research and innovation systems (SRIA and ATIP). To identify and support linkages between research and innovation systems that will improve their integration and coordination.
RISA will focus on identifying research and/or innovation system strengthening priorities in each of the focus African countries; procuring appropriate suppliers to deliver research and innovation system strengthening projects; and managing the overall research and innovation systems strengthening fund portfolio. The project is a funds management programme that will issue grants and funding awards to local institutions and partners in Africa. The Finance Assistant is a long-term position under the RISA programme. This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya. The finance assistant will report to the RISA Finance Manager or their designee for the duration of this assignment. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
The Finance Assistant will provide support to RISA’s project accounting and financial management. Under the guidance of RISA’s Finance Manager, this person will be responsible for the following duties:
- Oversee the processing of accounting transactions according to the general principles of accounting and adhere to home office field accounting manual procedures
- Facilitate provision of information and documentation during audits
- Review expense reports
- Enter accounting transactions into the accounting software (ABACUS)
- Prepare bank reconciliation process
- Maintain the project’s accounting files (physical and electronic). Make sure all vouchers are in order, completed properly and have bank slips/copy of checks attached
- Support payroll processing each month for Chemonics employees and prepare salary receipt/payroll forms, as required
- Liaise with income tax authority and remit employee withholdings on a monthly basis, as required
- Serve as a point of contact with the home office Field Accounting and Support Team (FAST) representative
- Prepare coding sheets before they are sent to the Finance Manager and/or Team Leader for review and approval
- Prepare monthly wire transfer requests through a thorough analysis of projected project expenditures
- Explain generally accepted accounting principles, FCDO and Chemonics regulations to staff and consultants, as necessary
- Follow client and Chemonics policies, procedures, and regulations
- Perform other general bookkeeping duties as needed and other duties as may be assigned
- Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Education, or related field
- 3 years of demonstrated experience and success
- CPA IV qualifications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software with a bias in Ms. Excel, PDF and other collaboration tools
- Working knowledge in ERP preferred. Abacus accounting system experience is an added advantage
- Knowledge of FCDO or USAID financial and management systems, regulations, and reporting requirements preferred but not necessary
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
How To Apply
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to RISAfirstname.lastname@example.org
Use Finance Assistant as the subject of the email
Closing Date : 30 November. 2021