Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
COMMISSION ON REVENUE ALLOCATION
Promoting an Equitable Society
The Commission on Revenue Allocation (CRA) is an independent Commission set up under Article 215 of the Constitution of Kenya. Its core mandate is to recommend the basis for equitable sharing of revenues raised nationally between the National and County Governments; sharing of revenue among the County Governments and make recommendations on other matters concerning the financing of, and financial management by county governments.
The Commission seeks to recruit experienced, qualified and competent persons to fill the
CRA – GRADE 5
This position is responsible for overseeing the administrative support of the Executive Office and act as a liaison to the Commission, Chairperson and Staff and ensure that provision of services are effectively executed to realize the mandate of the Commission.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Manage and maintain the Commission’s and Chairperson’s diary ensuring a smooth and seamless Schedule.
2) Manage and prepare the budget for the Chairperson’s office in consultation with the Manager, Finance.
3) Schedule appointments for the Commissioners and the Chairperson.
4) Arrange for meetings and meeting facilities for Commissioners and the Chairperson.
5) Make travel arrangements for Commissioners and Chairperson including flights and accommodation and Visa application for international travel.
6) Organize conferences, follow up on issues of concern for Commissioners and the
Chairperson and determine the correct course of action referral or responses.
7) Draft correspondences and acknowledgement letters to facilitate Chairperson’s ability
to lead the Commission.
8) Serve as a liaison with departmental heads to ensure manageable flow of work and communication.
9) Maintain office supply inventory and order additional supplies as needed for Commissioners’ and the Chairperson’s offices.
10) Attend to visitors and queries while observing protocol.
11) Manage and review filing systems for Commissioners and the Chairperson.
12) Ensure a neat and orderly office environment.
1) Bachelor’s degree in either Secretarial Studies, Business and Office Management or Social Sciences;
2) Certificate in Computer Applications (covering at minimum Word processor and Spreadsheet) from a recognized institution;
3) Secretarial Management Course from a Government recognized training institution;
4) Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to work well with others in a busy work environment. He/she must be a person of integrity and demonstrate excellent communication skills;
5) Ability to deliver within deadlines;
6) Any other relevant qualifications will be an added advantage.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
1) Minimum of five (5) year’s relevant experience in a progressively responsible
Organization preferably in the Public Sector;
2) Advanced technical skills in secretarial studies and Public Relations;
3) He/she must be a person of integrity, demonstrate excellent interpersonal and
4) Strong managerial skills and ability to work for longer hours.
How To Apply
1. If your training, experience and competence match or exceed any of the above minimum requirements, please send a secured copy of your application, a detailed up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, indicating current remuneration, e-mail and telephone contacts, together with copies of certificates and testimonials. You should also give the names of three (3) referees who must be familiar with your previous work and academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses.
2. Application should be addressed to the Commission Secretary, CRA and be sent by post or hand delivered to the Commission offices at 14 Riverside Drive by Monday 6th December 2021 at 5.00 pm. as follows:
APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF ___ (insert appropriate position)
TO THE COMMISSION SECRETARY
COMMISSION ON REVENUE ALLOCATION
14 Riverside Drive
P.O. BOX 1310 – 00200
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us in the next three months from the date of this advertisement, then consider your application unsuccessful.
The CRA is an equal opportunity, gender sensitive and compliant employer