Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
This role is within the application development and support section of the ICT organisation but specifically focusing on solution architecture and development with some support role.
2. KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provision of support for innovation projects
- Provide a defined level of ICT support to business innovation initiatives including identification and fulfilment of resource requirements, dependencies and schedules
- Provision of technical (technology) advise to the business to maximise positive technology impact to the business innovation initiatives; and
- Working on specific innovation assignments identified by the business.
- Execution of the ICT innovation and internal development of ICT solutions
- Identification and research on leading technology trends affecting the financial services sector
- Driving engagements with the business to embed the innovative use ICT systems in the Group
- Facilitation of technology & business focus group discussions on technology trends and innovation initiatives
- Engagement of external partners with relevant technologies and ideas relevant for business innovation
- Facilitating and driving internal business analysis to enable understanding of product and customer base required for service innovation
- Facilitating the integration of internal and external data and effective integrated understanding of the business environment
- Development of business applications to satisfy evolving business requirements
- Collation of business requirements and development of applications to fulfil these defined business needs
- Undertaking the customisation of ICT solutions for business using both internal and external resources
- Co-ordinating the deployment of external development resources.
- Application of the defined application/ solution development framework in the development innovative solutions for the business.
- Process engineering – assists in the continued review of systems and processes (e.g. contracts, procedures & policies, etc.). Implementing improvements to develop client experience and financial control
- Execution of defined ICT service support programs
- Execution of ICT programs/ issues delegated or escalated to him/her from time to time.
3. SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science or equivalent.
- 3+ years of strong and demonstrated experience in development of web and mobile solutions is desired.
- Experience in web service/API development.
- 3+ years of strong and demonstrated experience in solution architecture design for web and mobile based solutions.
- Experience with any software modelling tool such as archimate will be an added advantage
Skills and Competences
- Team results. Sets clear and challenging objectives, inspiring and encouraging high performance in their teams and individuals. Reviews progress achieved regularly, publicly and privately recognizing achievement by others Able to strike balance between all stakeholders: e.g. ICT, technology vendors and business needs
- Innovation. Thinks of and/or encourages new ideas, and is keen to experiment and see ideas implemented. Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and a willingness to contribute to the organization’s knowledge base and team development. Familiarity with technology innovation cycle
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; mobilize and motivate teams and resources; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; execute with limited information and ambiguity
- Tech savvy – Keen interest in technology trends and development and ability to integrated these technologies to business needs and objectives. In addition, must have the ability to tap knowledge from various potential service providers for the benefit of the business.
- Analytical business understanding – Excellent business analysis and communication & presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Programming – Competence and specific interest in key programming languages for mobile and internet applications. This includes solid understanding of API development and management, software versioning and automated testing.
- Design tool Knowledge – ability to use multiple tools for design
- Data Modelling – ability to do data modelling and data flows
- Documentation – experience in writing technical and user documentation.
30 November 2021