Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
African Christian Health Association Platform (ACHAP): Program Manager- Covid-19 Vaccine Roll Out and Emergency Programs (Nairobi)
Position: Program Manager- Covid-19 Vaccine Roll Out and Emergency Programs
Job Grade: 7
Reporting to: ACAHP Coordinator
Location: Nairobi with travels within sub-Saharan Africa
The Africa Christian Health Associations Platform (ACHAP) is a regional organization of Christian Health Associations and networks covering several countries in Sub-Saharan Africa established through a declaration of commitment by the 3rd Africa Christian Health Associations Biennial Conference held in Bagamoyo, Tanzania in January 2007. ACHAP brings together more than 40 national level faith-based networks providing services in 32 countries across Sub-Saharan Africa to share resources, establish technical working groups (TWGs), and provide ongoing training and technical assistance (TA) to its members. In addition, governments see ACHAP members as critical players and, in many African countries, partner with them to provide health support services, even to government facilities.
ACHAP is seeking a Program Manager for their emergency response programs portfolio, focusing on Covid-19 vaccine programs in sub–Saharan Africa.
The Program Manager will be responsible for coordinating ACHAP’s covid-19 vaccine rollout efforts, including community mobilization and engagement efforts, advocacy work with different actors, and capacity building for service delivery. The Program Manager will work very closely with ACHAP members in different countries as well as coordinate with partners and
S/he will oversee and coordinate technical support at the regional level, including developing technical/knowledge documents and providing technical assistance to regional implementing partners.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the development of ACHAP’s COVID-19 vaccine rollout and emergency response plan
- Support the development of tools, dashboards, guidelines, and knowledge documents that support the vaccine rollout programme and other emergency programs.
- Coordinate ACHAP’s support to the different member countries and MoH teams to strengthen systems in line with identified needs.
- Responsible for activation of country projects and providing technical assistance to country coordinators on implementation of the vaccine rollout program and other emergency programs
- Provide leadership to country teams in the monitoring of performance against the set targets.
- Represent ACHAP to external partners including MoH, donors and other key stakeholders, as required, to create a positive image and enhance ACHAP’S credibility
- Perform any other duties as requested
Qualification, Required Skills and Competencies
- · Master’s Degree in Public health or related field.
- · 7 years’ experience with at least 3 years supervisory experience
- · Excellent diplomatic, representational, interpersonal and communication skills, including experience with successfully interacting with stakeholders and decision-makers in technical and other professional settings. Demonstrated project planning and management skills for organizing, planning and executing projects from conception through implementation
- · Skills in translating highly technical information into presentations, briefings and report and funding proposals for both technical and lay audiences
- · Ability to work with minimal supervision, within tight deadlines, and in a culturally diverse team
- · Proficiency in English is required. Knowledge of French is an added advantage
How to apply
Interested qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter indicating the position, names and contacts of three professional referees to ACHAP Human Resources Department via email@example.com by COB 3rd December 2021
Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.