Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req22596
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Sector: Monitoring & Evaluation
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Lodwar, Kenya
The M&E program assistant role in the Lodwar field site and West Pokot will be a critical one in ensuring data management processes, reporting, use and M&E capacity strengthening in utilizing Kobo Collect, Comcare, Power BI, DHIs/ GBVIMS in managing program data.
Under the supervision of the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, she/he will be Supporting in data collection, summarizing, compiling and dissemination, storing and timely reporting of all forms in health, Nutrition, WPE ERD, and RH/HIV programs. Key responsibilities will be building the capacity among the information systems users at the facility level, service delivery level and administration level within the IRC Health program in both Turkana and West Pokot Counties project coverage areas. He /She shall coordinate with program teams in sharing monitoring and evaluation information and support in preparation and dissemination of program lessons from reports and success stories capturing with technical support from the supervisor.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
Lodwar/ West Pokot site M&E support
- Support in documenting project success stories, lesson learnt and data for continued communication and fundraising for the project.
- Lead in ensuring program data is updated onto project systems in use which includes, excel databases, indicator matrix trackers, Kobo Collect, Comcare, Power BI, DHIs/ GBVISM.
- Support the M&E technical aspects of the health, Nutrition, WPE, ERD, and RH/HIV programs in Lodwar and West Pokot as guided by the SM&E Officer
- Work with the Lodwar and West Pokot in providing background data for continued fundraising and communication.
- Participate in capacity building of the staff in M&E aspect under the leadership of SM&E Officer.
- Under the technical support of SM&E Officer jointly with program staff conduct routine data quality audit of the program to improve on the information being used for decision making.
- Actively participate in the monitoring of the cash transfer intervention in conducting pre and post distribution assessment with technical support of SM&E Officer.
- Enter, analyze, and share consolidated program data and submit on time to SM&E Officer for review and onward sharing for use.
- Participating in Conducting data review meeting for all Lodwar and West Pokot program data sets.
- Participate jointly in the support supervision with IRC Lodwar partners as well as West Pokot
- Attending the county data review meeting and M&E forum.
- Participate in the development of questionnaire for assessment for emergency projects that come up using KOBO tool.
- Diploma in Health Informatics, Computer Science, M&E, Public Health, Statistic, or related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience with health information systems, database management, and technology implementation or equivalent.
- Computer literacy with possible advanced Ms word, Ms Excel, Ms PowerPoint, and Ms access
- Knowledge in computer statistical packages (EPI INFO, SPSS, and Stata)
- Knowledge and experience in statistical analysis and data management software and methodology along with key platforms (COMM Care, ONA, Power BI, KOBO and or ODK)
Required Experience & Competencies:
- Good knowledge of monitoring and evaluation technologies, techniques, approaches, and methodologies in health programs.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of health information systems design, development, roll-out, and/or use (e.g., HMIS, DHIS,).
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.