Africa Human Resources Coordinator , Wildlife Conservation Society.
The Human Resources Coordinator will be responsible for performing a wide range of general HR-related administrative support duties in recruitment including job posting and shortlisting, orientation and onboarding, compliance, and other areas. The HR Coordinator will work closely with the Africa HR Director (HRD) and will be part of the regional HR team. S/He will provide efficient HR service delivery within the region in supporting the HR Director and the Country Directors and the field offices on all HR related matters. The incumbent will play a coordinating role for the recruitment of positions within the region and senior positions in countries while working closely with the HRD. S/he will also provide HR support services on projects and activities in the region in key HR functional areas including but not limited to; Onboarding and Off boarding, Compensation and Benefits, Staff Wellness Management, Performance Management, Learning and Development, Policy Development and Review, Compliance of WCS internal policies amongst others, management of HR information systems and any other system of record amongst other HR functional areas.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or in a related field.
• Minimum of 7 years of progressive experience as an HR generalist; managing HR function on the entire Employee lifecycle
• Experience with an international organization or international experience.
• Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
• Minimum of two (2) years of professional experience in managing multi countries within Africa
• Familiarity with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
• Fluency in English language.
• Flexibility to work overlapping hours with teams located in different time zones
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
• Master’s degree in HR or related field an added advantage
• Solid HR operational experience for large budget programs in the INGO sector is strongly preferred.
• Fluency or familiarity with French. Portuguese and Swahili an added advantage.
• Receptive to building and maintaining positive relationships with people from all backgrounds, genders, cultures and viewpoints.
• Resourceful in figuring out how to get things done, seeking opportunities to learn and grow, and contributing creative and innovative ideas.
• Resilient and able to thrive in a fast-paced, vibrant environment with a sense of urgency and an ability to deliver results under pressure.
• Results-oriented approach to planning and prioritizing HR activities.
• Demonstrated commitment to pursue work/life balance for self and others.
• Proven track-record of professional discretion, confidentiality, and integrity.
• Collaborative and consultative approach.
• Solid written, presentation and verbal communication skills; ability to convey information effectively in English and French.
• Effective interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively in a cross cultural team environment.
• Analytical ability in supporting effective HR solutions while adhering to local labor laws. Awareness of the legal context in various African countries
How To Apply
Interested candidates, who meet the above qualifications, should apply online via the WCS career portal at: http://www.wcs.org/about-us/careers . Please note that this will be the main platform for assessing the applications
Application deadline is 30 November 2021.
Candidates can also apply by emailing an Application letter and CV including names and contact information of three references to: email@example.com. Please include “Africa HR Coordinator” in the subject line of the application email.
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.