Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reporting to the Supervisor – Cash Secure Solutions, the Cashier will process cash for customers in a manner that confers security, safety, integrity, profitability and achievement of budgeted objectives. The Cashier will also conduct the preparation and balancing of Wage Packets; participate in pay parades and reconciliation with the customer; ensuring all notes are processed and sorted out in a controlled manner to minimize losses and avoid CBK penalties.
- Comply to the issued Group Reconciliation, Operational Cash Controls and the ISO Standards, Procedures and Policies
- Receive and accurately process customer collections for banking while maintaining proper records.
- Reconcile all receipts, payments and prepare the cash to be transferred to the vault
- In collaboration with the Supervisor; amalgamate cash and complete a treasury in slip; log the cash to the Vault; pack and seal the container; prepare a Loading Certificate and a CIT Receipt and ensure the till is held in the BSS Vault overnight.
- Obtain the envelops/packets and label them with Stickers provided by customer, packet the money as per the payroll and participate in the pay parades as per the instructions
- Carry out Cash sorting process as per CBK requirements; bundle the currency and label them appropriately; carry out routine cleaning of note sorting machines
- Proper utilization of equipment and timely reporting of any faulty equipment within the processing area to management for quick resolution
- Maintain sound and good relationship between Custodians, Vault Officers, Supervisors, Team Leads, Cashiers and respond to queries in a professional manner observing telephone etiquette.
- Adhere to the G4S Health and Safety Policy and take reasonable care for the health and safety of him/herself and other persons who may be affected by his acts or omissions
Knowledge and Qualifications
- KCSE Mean Grade ‘C’ plain and above, grade C-in Mathematics
- Kenya legislation
- At least 3 years working experience in cash operations
- Knowledge / Experience in banking sector is an added advantage.
- Financial Acumen
- Conflict Management
- Microsoft Word – Intermediate level
- Microsoft Excel – Intermediate level (Advance level are advantageous)
- Microsoft PowerPoint – Basic level
- Google suite of products
Behavioral Skills – Support
- Understanding the organizational environment
- Understanding the organization’s goals and objectives
- Dealing with changing circumstances
- Supporting and working with others
- Delivering objectives
- Dealing with complexity
- Acting professionally
- Deliver great customer service
Sharing and co-operating
- Behavioural Skills – Management
- Awareness of the marketing environment
- Delivering performance
- Working with complexity
- Managing professionally
- Customer thinking
- Collaborating and Co-operating
How To Apply