Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req22601
Job Title: IT Officer
Sector: Information Technology
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kakuma, Kenya
Under the direct supervision of the IT Manager and administrative supervision of Head of the Kakuma field office, the IT Officer will be responsible for providing daily technical support and troubleshooting of all computer systems with consideration to the needs and requirements of the Kakuma and Lodwar offices.
IT Support – Provide Level 1 and Level 2 Support
- Work with end-users or IT colleagues (or Service Desk) on resolving Level 1 and level 2 issues in Kakuma and Lodwar Field Offices.
- Resolve or escalate Level 3 issues to appropriate internal or external resource (IT Manager/Regional IT lead /Applications team Service desk and vendor) as necessary.
Installation & Configuration and management of:
- Servers: – Windows server 2016 operating system, Domain environment and essential network services.
- Desktop/laptop hardware and software, and peripherals, using IRC standard Windows 10 operating system image.
- Microsoft Office 365 support, Active Directory Maintenance, logging of problems in Service-Now IRC IT enterprise ticketing helpdesk system.
- Specialized application installation and support such as, but not limited to, Sun Systems, BVA, Workday, Rescue Net, ERP, IRHIS.
- Assist with users e-mail account, creation, setup, archiving, termination and distribution group management
- Verify and provide technical consultancy to procurement regarding purchasing spare parts for IT equipment and ensuring equipment purchased are of the right specifications and conform to the IRC standard specifications
- Install, document, manage and support wired and secured wireless networks for Kakuma and Lodwar field sites.
- Monitor the performance of the microwave, point to point and fiber backbone networks in Kakuma and Lodwar Field Offices.
- Ensure data protection & backup systems are working properly (software & hardware)
- Improve the network infrastructure (Internet servers, filters, domain controllers, backups, print servers, etc.)
- Local Area Network, wireless network, peer-to-peer or client server architecture, as appropriate.
Collaboration, Strategy Planning, Reporting and Capacity building.
- Provide trainings on demand basis to staff to strengthen knowledge of basic computer skills to end users.
- Serves as the IT liaison with field administration and staff to understand and interpret IT needs at the base level and to collaborate across lines in meeting those needs.
- Delivers appropriate training programs to ensure high quality professional staff performance in the area(s) of oversight.
- Participates in the documentation and implementation of policies and standard operating procedures to ensure effective operation of an organization.
- Participates as a member of the IT team in planning, problem resolution, and reviewing department performance.
- In coordination with the IT Manager, put work plans in place for improving IT systems, Internet connections and local networks for better performance and benefits.
- Regular monthly reporting as per the report template and submission to the geographical and functional managers.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree; at least 5 years of progressively responsible work experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge and understanding in Networking and Infrastructure Technologies (LAN/WAP administration, Cisco environment, Meraki and Cyberoam skills will be added advantage)
- Windows 2016 server administration skills
- Virtualization expertise on windows platform environments
- Working knowledge in Cloud computing technologies and data storage
- ITIL V4 fundamentals to administer and manage the service desk platform and improve SLAs and CRM
- Project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.