Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
PEAK Destination Management Company is part of the Intrepid Group the world’s largest adventure travel company. Here at Intrepid, we don’t just want to be the best travel IN the world, we want to be the best travel company FOR the world. We do this by providing the world’s widest range of adventure travel, ensuring we deliver authentic experiences which benefit our travelers and the people and places they visit.
As a Mechanic with PEAK DMC & Intrepid you will take on the responsibility to support our fleet management, using your expertise you will diagnose mechanical problems, then repairing and rebuild our motor vehicles and equipment.
This is a full-time permanent position reporting into our Fleet and Maintenance Manager, based in our office in Nairobi
Your day will vary, but some of the tasks you’ll take lead on are:
– Inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
– Maintaining vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions;replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
– Verifying vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
– Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs.
– Conducting routine maintenance work aiming to vehicle functionality and longevity
Some of the skills you’ll bring with you are:
– Auto mechanic qualification and experience with emphasis on heavy commercial vehicles
– Heavy commercial driving license required. Passenger Service Vehicle license preferred
– Travel experience in Intrepid Destinations in East Africa
– The capacity to successfully troubleshoot mechanical problems from a remote location
This position suits someone with the ability to make decisions independently, outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time while sharing in Intrepid’s core values of integrity, innovation, fun, passion, growth, and responsibility.
What it’s like to work for PEAK:
At Intrepid, we know everyone’s journey is different, we support an inclusive culture where our people, travelers, and partners can truly be themselves. We believe our team must reflect the diversity of our customers and the communities we visit, and we’re committed to employing a diverse workforce and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
Our employees globally are entitled to:
– Flexible work policy – Work from home, with a range of flexible work options, we will work with you to keep a work-life balance
– Purchase additional leave options, future holiday discounts with paid travel leave, free-of-charge trips to experience Intrepid + more
– E-learning, career progression, and internal mobility, we love to see our people succeed and will do our best to support you along the way
– 20 hours of volunteer leave is available every year to make a difference towards causes that are important to you
Applications close on 15th December 2021
We are excited to hear from you, and we encourage you to not delay your application as we will be screening applications as they are received and may close advertising early if the right person is identified.