Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
MEDICAL OFFICER/ BRANCH MANAGER -THIKA REF No. TKH/BMO/11/2021
Reporting to the Deputy Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing overall leadership and administrative support at The Karen Hospital, Thika Branch.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for the effective management and care of patients with the aim of ensuring optimal delivery of quality patient care.
- Provide high quality care to hospital patients.
- Establish and maintain effective communication with the Clinical staff, other disciplines and support services.
- Ensure that equipment used is in good condition and safe for use.
- Implementation of recommended clinical protocols and national guidelines
- Act as a role model, exercising leadership and creating a suitable environment for an effective hospital team.
- Guide and ensure that self and all staff comply with all regulations contained in the Hospital policies and protocols e.g. confidentiality.
- Conduct daily on-the-job training and assessment for the branch staff to ensure that they are professionally competent in the performance of their duties.
- Promote the concept of the multi-disciplinary teamwork in order to enhance the quality of medical care within the Karen Hospital.
- Develop and maintain own professional competence and knowledge by keeping abreast of new developments, concepts, work methods etc. both clinical and professional.
- To attend clinical meetings, CME’s and hospital committee as may be required from time to time
- Lead the emergency response team in the event of patient collapse.
- Deal with accidents, incidents and complaints according to the Karen Hospital policies and procedures.
- Activate the Major Disaster Plan in the event of an occurrence and maintain key roles until relieved.
- Comply with the laid down Quality Management Systems (QMS) as per the ISO 9001:2008 guidelines
- Implement and steer the HIMS (Hospital Information Management System)
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Management from time to time.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB or MBBS) from a recognized university in Kenya.
- Must be registered with Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Council
- Must have a valid practicing license from Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Council
- At least Two (2) years post internship experience.
- BLS and ACLS certification is a MUST.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent clinical, management and organizational skills
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills and willingness to provide leadership.
- Self-driven personality, honesty and integrity
Interested candidates are requested to visit our website and apply online at https://www.karenhospital.org/about-us/ OR you can send your detailed CV to us on email to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number
Deadline for submission is 30th November 2021
Due to the large number of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted