Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks an Accountant to support accounting and management of financial information through accurate maintenance of fixed assets, Capex and inventory as well as management of Hosted institutions and AP/AR.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa (www.ilri.org).
The main purpose of the job is to support accounting and management of financial information through accurate maintenance of fixed assets, Capex and inventory as well as management of Hosted institutions and AP/AR.
- Fixed assets and inventory management
- Reconcile ILRI consolidated Fixed Assets ledger and register at the end of every month.
- Keep records of the Institute’s fixed assets by location, costs and net book values.
- Organise annual physical verification of assets and reconcile results to the fixed assets ledger.
- Compute depreciations charge monthly.
- Coordinate posting of ILRI Addis capex (procured via Nairobi procurement office) with accountants, procurement and stores as and when the transaction/supply is done.
- Maintain monthly reconciliation of the inventory sub ledger to the General ledger.
- Organise stock takes (quarterly, half year and annual) and reconcile results to the inventory ledger and stores bin cards as per policy.
- Capex budget monitoring and reporting
- Record and report capital spend versus budget every month.
- Review all capex payment requests/invoices/Purchase orders before payment is processed.
- Capitalizes all assets upon receipt, installation &/or commissioning.
- Liaise with procurement and user to Insure Assets on transit & after receipt by ILRI.
- Hosted Institutions management
- Review monthly costing and billing to the organizations and ensure timely recovery of any debts.
- Ensure all contracts with hosted institutions are up to date with current rates.
- Prepare consolidated Nairobi and Addis monthly report in a timely and accurate manner.
- General Insurance
- Maintain a monthly schedule of claims and compensations and reconcile with users and insurance company.
- Manage day to day matters of the Institute’s General Insurance.
- Provide list of insurable assets schedule to the broker and follow up on claims.
- Accounts payable management
- Timely matching of all supplier invoices; checking documentation for completeness, accuracy, approvals as per policy, matching and input of supplier invoices.
- Reconcile goods and other services supplier ledger balances to supplier statements.
- Follow up on advance payments for invoices and delivery notes.
- Ensure proper filling of all documentation relating to this function both in physical and soft copy forms.
- Provide additional support on demand to the clients of the unit.
- Train the alternate position all aspects of this job to ensure continuity.
- Help other unit members to learn and excel in their work
- Can be called upon to work on tasks relating to other units within finance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting or its equivalent
- 5 years relevant experience
- Full accounting qualifications- CPA (K) or ACCA.
- Computer skills, including sound knowledge of Microsoft Office
Post location: The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya
Terms of Appointment
This position is at job level HG 13. The position is a 3-year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding. ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes pension, medical and other insurances
How to apply: Applicants should send a cover letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development by clicking on the “Apply Now” tab above before 13 December 2021. The position title and reference number REF: AC/CS/11/2021 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the cover letter.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI visit our websites at http://www.ilri.org
ILRI is an equal opportunity employer.