Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Temporary Personal Assistant To Country Director/Office Administrator (4 Months)
Location: Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Mid Level
Do you want your work to matter? Do you want to use your skills to make a difference, not just a living? Do you want to improve millions of lives, including your own?
Living Goods works to reinvent how we improve the lives of the under-served. We think big, relentlessly innovate to ensure both impact & health system strengthening. At Living Goods, you will have the opportunity to apply your ideas and creativity at work every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative environment, set high standards, and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humor, you’ll thrive here at Living Goods.
We’re looking for a Temporary (4 months) Office Administrator/Personal Assistant to support the Country Senior Management Team and run Kenya’s Office. The role will support a leadership team to keep it within the tracks with minimal guidance, multitask with ease and always stay in control.
You will support administratively to ensure operational effectiveness of the Kenya team ensuring alignment of execution across all Functional areas as guided by SMT. You will design and deliver documents & reports to support timely and accurate decisions by the leadership team.
This is an exciting and challenging role, an investment in your professional development.
- Administrative support. Manage the Country Director’s & SMT diary, appointment scheduling and planning, conferences, teleconferences, and organize complex travel agendas, etc. Provide administrative support to the leadership team.
- Ensure that the Kenya office has all that is required for seamless operations. Administrative support to set up meetings, book venues for training, book travel and maintain staff movement schedule information and calendar of key activities.
- Internal communication. Working closely with the Country Director and in collaboration with the Kenya Communication team, play a key role in internal communication. Ensures communication from the Country Director is dispatched on time, takes notes during meetings, and that responses to varied audiences are met.
- Analysis and reporting. Gathering and analyzing information, documenting, and reporting. Leverage technology to prepare dashboards and reports suitable for the Kenya team.
- Design documents. Develop and edit attractive memos, briefing papers, and presentations.
- Governance. Responsible for supporting governance for the Kenya Office Operations. Identifies/drives opportunities, highlights risks /delays and suggests mitigation plans.
- Performance tracking. Trends/insights analysis with inputs from the Kenya leadership team to support overall delivery of work plans. This includes reminders to team members on deadlines and delivery of projects, assignments, etc.
- Organize information/documentation. Develop and maintain document management (physical and digital filing and retrieval system). Suggest efficient ways to run the Kenya office and troubleshoot malfunctions.
- Help us do better. You will help us refine and streamline our team’s processes and tools to ensure that we work more effectively as a team and more seamlessly with other teams in the organization.
- Key Contact person. Act as the point of contact for both internal and external parties. Welcome guests and help create a positive, friendly office environment.
Education, Experience, Technical skills, and attributes:
- Background. Undergraduate degree or prerequisite work experience.
- Experience. 2+ years in a fast-paced working environment preferably someone who has worked in a similar position as a Personal Assistant To Country Director/Office Administrator for 2 years in a fast-paced NGO set up. Experience working in a consulting organization or similar environment handling multiple projects and clients. Background relevant to the operations of Living Goods gained in either the private, public, or NGO sectors.
- Proficiency. High level of IT literacy, including experience using ERP systems and the Microsoft Office suite.
- Analytical skills. Strong conceptual and analytical skills.
- Project Management. Demonstrated ability and experience managing diverse projects, applying relevant tools and best practices.
- Communication. Experienced at preparing communication materials (PowerPoint, Word documents, email correspondence that meets Board-level standards) and effectively sharing these – both verbally and in writing in English. Good analytical capability & use of excel.
- Planning and Organizational skills. People can rely on you because you can develop the engine that runs the Kenya office. You will keep the leadership team true to governance routines, are good at keeping calendars and timelines. You keep a tight ship and up-to-date to-do lists. You like to get the details right.
- Collaboration and team effectiveness. Build team effectiveness and work collaboratively in a Kenya team environment.
- People and info junkie. Once you join an organization you become a sponge, soaking up information quickly. You enjoy getting to learn the inner workings of an organization and meeting and getting to know employees at all levels.
- Discretion. You are a consummate professional. You have an intuitive feel for sensitive situations and you respect confidentiality.
- Self-starter. You are highly organized, self-motivated, and able to work independently without much guidance. You can handle multiple priorities while remaining flexible and professional.
- Multitasks. You’re able to juggle multiple tasks at once while ‘staying calm and carrying on.’ You think strategically, handle ambiguity and work well in a multicultural environment.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and annual performance bonus pay opportunity. This is an opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
Living Goods is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. Living Goods does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.
Our current job openings are displayed on our website, where you can search for open positions and apply directly. Living Goods does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend not responding and not sending money or personal information.