Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya. We undertake three exciting lines of work:
- We provide safe, sustainable sanitation services to residents living in urban informal settlements of Nairobi and Kisumu using end-to-end non-sewered sanitation solutions. Watch here!
- We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manage sanitation and organic waste generated in cities. Using technologies developed in-house, we upcycle the waste into insect-based protein for animal feed, organic fertilizer, and biomass fuel. We operate the largest organics recycling plant in East Africa. Watch here!
- We partner with cities to develop and deliver safe sanitation and waste management for urban residents. Using a systematic methodology, we match cities’ sanitation and waste management needs with technology and service delivery models, and then offer clear guidance on the steps that governments, funders, service providers and technology developers can take to develop and implement integrated service delivery systems.
Operational since 2011, Sanergy serves over 140,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day. Sanergy collects and treats over 12,000T of waste per year, and successfully sells its agricultural end-products to farmers in over 20 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes. At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals. For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
About the role
The Innovation Team’s mandate is to find the next big breakthroughs for Sanergy, and a top organizational priority in 2022 is export markets. We are expanding our focus outside of Kenya, and starting to sell our products in Europe and North America. We need to prioritize all of our current and potential products, across various geographies (Africa, Europe, North America), lay out a prioritized go-to-market export plan, and then execute on that plan. The Innovation Team is like Sanergy’s product team — we’re always opportunistic to find the most advantageous segments and geographies to be selling our products, while also informing which products we need to develop next. We’re a team that prides ourselves on moving swiftly, hitting our goals, and being willing to iterate as needed. You’d be expected to lead the development of export markets across various products, helping influence the priorities of our business. You will report to the Director of Innovation and manage the Export Associate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Director of Innovation in defining our company priorities with regards to our current and potential products in export markets
- This entails developing a market landscape across all viable sales geographies as well as codifying a business plan and go-to-market strategy for our suite of products
- Building and growing our sales pipeline in export markets — you’ll have the autonomy and support to drive the direction of this work
- Directly engage in sales with clients by owning the pipeline you have developed and building in the processes as needed for efficient operations
- Operate in a cutting edge environment within the circular economy space
- Manage the Export Associate to assist you in your work and to accomplish company objectives
- Experience in building processes, sales, business development, product and/or market landscaping
- 6+ years of working experience, preferably 3+ years in Europe and/or North America
- Preference towards fast growing start-ups, international consultancies, or international organizations
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical capabilities and an aptitude for creative problem solving and getting things done
- Someone who is interested in and energized by the circular economy space
- Highly self-directed, with a demonstrated ability to organize concepts into frameworks, build processes, and develop well-considered business cases from research.
30th December 2021
Sanergy is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS
SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE DO NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE DO NOT ASK FOR INFORMATION PERTAINING TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS AND ANY OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.