Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Founded in 2012, SunCulture’s Vision is to build a world where people take control of their environment in rewarding and sustainable ways. SunCulture does this by developing and commercialising life-changing technology that solves the biggest daily challenges for the world’s 570 million smallholder farming households. Over the last 5 years, the company has grown significantly and now employs 170+ people around the world.
About the role
The Risk and Compliance Manager will lead the risk management function and the primary responsibility is to support first-level operational units in identifying, measuring, and managing risks that may arise in the business. Your primary role is advisory, analytics, and project-driven and does not include direct involvement in daily operations or transactional responsibilities. The Risk and Compliance Manager interacts with managers across the organization in order to support the risk-related initiatives and intervene as an advisor in cross-functional projects. You will report directly to the General Manager and indirectly to the Chief Financial Officer, the Risk Management Committee, and Auditors. You will also be the chair of the Risk and Compliance Committee.
- Entrench the concepts of independent risk management at SunCulture
- Understand SunCulture business and risks through field visits and frequent risk audits
- Act as an in-house consultant in risk management best practices to the first level business units
- Contribute to forward-looking risk identification measurement
- Design, pilot, and institutionalize new risk statistics and analytical methods
- Initiate and lead in risk identification, measurement, and mitigation initiatives across all risk dimensions in the company
- Maintain a system for risk management as the interface between the board and management in respect to risk tolerance, exposure, and reporting requirements
- Advise executive management on all matters related to the continuous improvement of risk management and internal control practices.
- Report independently compiled or verified measurements of risk exposures and materialized losses across all potential risk dimensions to the Risk Management Committee and Internal Audit
- Ensure SunCulture is 100% compliant in all risk areas and certified as per government regulations
Does This Sound Like You?
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Actuarial Science, Finance, Economics or related field
- At least 5 years of work experience in a financial context and risk analysis
- Excellent analytical skills, high level of numeracy, and acute attention to detail
- Expert skills in office productivity software, specifically in Excel
- Self-motivated, independent mind who can succeed with minimal guidance and supervision
- A team player and must be flexible in handling project-driven workload
- Confident in building effective relationships with Departmental Heads and C-suite leads
Please apply online via this job portal by 15th December 2021. We respond to all candidates however only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed.