Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Department: HIAS Kenya
Location: Nairobi, KY
HIAS is an international non-profit organization that stands for a world in which refugees find welcome, safety, and opportunity. HIAS’ operation in Kenya was established in 2002 with the mission to serve the most vulnerable refugees through community-based protection including psychosocial support, resilience building and the provision of durable solutions.
Organizationally, HIAS is guided by its Refugee Rights Framework. This rights-based approach, based on international human rights, humanitarian and refugee law and practice, provides a programming framework for HIAS’ focus on refugee protection. This framework prioritizes programming impact that ensures forcibly displaced people realize their potential and become contributors to society, with this impact being achieved through the realization of legal and civil rights and social and economic rights including through 1) the right to protection from harm, violence, and discrimination, 2) the right to recovery from the shock of displacement, and 3) the right to economic self-sufficiency and inclusion.
HIAS wishes to recruit a Logistics Officer who will be responsible for providing logistic support and overseeing the overall logistic processes in support of the objectives of the organization.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, oversee and coordinate logistics operations to ensure smooth accomplishment of HIAS Kenya programs/projects.
- Schedule and route vehicles and drivers to ensure that HIAS staff transport needs are facilitated to enable them carry out their various assignments
- Manage transport arrangements for international staff and visitors coming to HIAS Kenya when called upon
- Participate and support in development and design of logistics support policies and processes for effective operations
- Provide technical and procedural advice in a broad range of logistics areas
- Develop and maintain partnership and network with external organizations
- Ensure logistics requirements take age, gender and diversity needs into consideration
- Ensure that safe driving practices are adhered to including local driving codes and internally agreed standards.
- Facilitate timely servicing of all vehicles and ensuring that all repairs carried out meet required standards to minimize accidents and breakdowns.
- Facilitate renewal of road insurance for HIAS vehicles
- Monitor HIAS vehicle movements and transport utilization as per required standards
- Prepare and submit vehicle monitoring reports, including records of vehicle operations, maintenance, expenses, mileage as required
- Prepare analysis reports to ensure that fuel drawn on all vehicles is put to good use
- Coordinate use of e-cabs services on needs basis
- Support logistics needs of the HIAS Transit Centre Operations
- Account for cash advanced to the logistics department
- Attend all relevant internal and external meetings
- Perform any other duty assigned
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business management with a major in Logistics
- 2 years of experience in Logistics and Transport coordination
- Experience in working with a humanitarian NGO will be an added advantage
- Computer literate and with excellent knowledge in computer packages
- Knowledge of Accountability to Affected Populations
Required Skills and Competences
- Must possess a valid BCE driving license and have a valid PSV license
- Must have good knowledge of Nairobi and its environs
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective work relations at all levels
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Eminent communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to changing work requirements and priorities?
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision
- Ability to work in a demanding and high-pressured environment.
- Skills in budgeting and budget tracking.
How to Apply:
The Applications should be submitted through the following link: https://www.hias.org/who/career-and internship-opportunities quoting the position title: Logistics Officer
Closing Date: 7th December 2021
Important: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
HRTK is an equal opportunity employer, does not charge candidates for recruitment and dissociates itself from any entity defrauding candidates.