Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
WHO WE ARE
Moko Home + Living is a manufacturer and retailer of home furniture products. We pride ourselves on our creativity, passion, and innovation. Our customers dream of a welcoming place to sleep, relax, and host their guests, but they tell us this isn’t easy – they either have to break the bank or settle for low-quality furniture. Join us in building the products, the brand, and the operations, to put high-quality, affordable living within everyone’s reach. Since our founding, we have reached over 100,000 Kenyan homes with our products, attracted global investment, and grown from a start-up to mid-sized company with 350+ employees
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Moko is looking for an individual with an eye for details who is eager to cultivate good relationships with suppliers. The Supply Chain Officer will work closely with various teams to ensure timely and cost-effective sourcing and inventory management while maintaining high standards of integrity and accountability. The ideal candidate will support organization-wide efforts in strategic sourcing and relationship building.
THE ROLE IN BRIEF
Strategic Sourcing and Purchasing
- Lead or support research and sourcing for new suppliers including vetting and on boarding them
- Initiate and manage the purchasing process of all locally sourced Stock Keeping Units (SKU)
- Purchase goods as assigned and at the right quality at the best price while balancing inventory levels
- Reconcile all quality, payment, and order quantity variances for purchases within your scope and within agreed timeline
- Manage supplier relationships through:
- Performance management which will include setting and reviewing of appropriate KPIs
- Creating sustainability by working with suppliers to maximize the value of purchases
- Collaborating with suppliers to solve order problems, identify and manage risk
- Identify, build and manage strong relationships with all internal stakeholders
- Internal coordination and internal customer management of the departments served
Projects and planning
- Lead and support cross-functional and departmental projects as allocated
- Create and periodically review annual purchase plans for recurring Stock Keeping Units
- Collaborate with SKU users to identify business needs
- Keep up-to-date, and apply within your scope of work, the news within the procurement environment
- Identify and manage risk within your area of responsibility
- Prepare order documentation and maintain up-to-date approved supplier lists
- Create and maintain a filing system of all procurement documents within your area of responsibility
- Create, manage and negotiate supplier contracts
- Maintain up-to-date reporting dashboards across your area of responsibility
CAREER GROWTH + COMPENSATION
Moko invests in building the capacity and skills within our team. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship from the management team. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for those who are ready to take up the challenge.
ARE YOU OUR DREAM CANDIDATE?
- You have at least 2 years progressive experience working with suppliers in a fast-growing company
- You have a knack for creating and executing on solutions to sourcing challenges
- You enjoy working with people and leading initiatives when working on cross-functional projects
- You are eager to learn and take on development opportunities within a growing company
- You have strong attention to detail and the ability to deliver on assigned tasks with independence and little supervision
- A background in supply chain/project management is highly desirable.
How To Apply