Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in 100 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from disaster response to food and nutrition to education and work for women and girls to healthy mothers and children. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because when they have equal access to resources, they lift their families and communities out of poverty. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for 75 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and Fight with CARE.
The purpose of the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) Coordinator position is to provide leadership and support in development and operationalization of an M&E system, including M&E plans at project and partner levels, and ensure that the system aligns with CARE Kenya M&E indicators; Support the team and partner staff in M&E capacity to monitor and demonstrate progress and outcomes of interventions. In addition, the M&E Coordinator will be providing data management support to the project on a day to day basis, to help strengthen data quality checks and ensure that data is of high quality, supporting the project team to carry out onsite data verifications, strengthening program quality and accountability and generating evidence, documentation of innovations and their outcomes at all levels of the project. The M&E Coordinator will also support the project in complying with reporting tools at project level, national and county level, and donor reporting.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Responsibility 1: Leadership and Coordination in the Development and operationalization of an M&E system and Capacity Building (60%)
- Provide leadership support in all aspects of M&E for the project
- Work with Project manager in the development of the M&E plan and implementation strategy, ensuring that all interventions are well captured and indicators of monitoring progress and measuring outcomes are technically sound and captured.
- Support compliance to the project M&E Plan at Country office level and monitoring compliance of partners and CAREs M&E plans.
- Working with the Project Manager, develop tools for data collection and reporting, and their guidelines for use and ensuring that compliance to the tools is achieved.
- Develop assessments and identification of project beneficiaries, project data base and ensure the same is updated monthly and reports generated, as often as per indicators for reporting progress at individual level and contextual level.
- Support monitoring of M&E activities as indicated in the work plan and against the M&E budget.
- Ensuring monitoring and reporting timelines are compiled to.
- Working closely with the project team provide quarterly progress updates on project activities against implementation and M&E plan and ensuring that the actions proposed are incorporated to improve performance measurement.
- Working with the Project team to identify M&E capacity gaps and develop capacity building plans to address those gaps.
- Working closely with Project team to support the documentation of Human Interest Stories and lessons learnt.
- Support the Project Manager in planning and facilitating project monitoring and evaluation strengthening activities for the project.
Responsibility 2: Providing adequate data management support to the project while ensuring that data is of highest quality and there is evidence of adequate support documentation (30%)
- Responsible for updating the project database on a monthly basis with verified performance results.
- Support in the development of database/data capturing tools.
- Closely working with the Project team, perform data quality checks/verification to all data received and collected with an aim of ensuring that project data is reliable and accurate.
- Together with the Project team, perform quarterly and annual monitoring support at field level and routinely support in conducting data audits/trails.
- Ensure that all project data support documents are appropriately stored for easy of retrieval during verification and other need basis.
Responsibility 3: Strengthened Collaboration and Networking (5%)
- Represent the Elimu ya Vijana Tuendeleze Project (Start Small) in core monitoring and evaluation committees, County engagements and related project activities as necessary.
- Represent the Project in decentralized M&E forums, selected M&E capacity building and strengthening forums with a view to keeping the project informed on current initiatives and developments in M&E, and provide staffs updates from these forums.
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the supervisor, related to collaboration and networking.
Responsibility 4: Strengthen CAREs performance in Adolescents’ Education, Economic Empowerment and Sexual Reproductive Health and related Project interventions and perform other duties as assigned (5%)
- Support enhanced management cohesion of cross sectoral and innovation areas of the project at sectoral and Country Office projects and staff, in M&E.
- Strengthen CARE’s Monitoring and Evaluation roles including M&E systems development, reporting of Project and Program Information and Impact Reporting System (PIIRS), capacity strengthening on quality M&E
- Support CARE’s achievement of strategic interventions as outlined in the strategic plan, project principles and other frameworks
- Undertake any other relevant duties as assigned by supervisor or management that enhance CARE’s mission.
- A bachelors degree in social science, IT, statistics, economics, health or related field – a masters degree will be an added advantage
- Training in M&E is required.
- Training in Gender will be an added advantage
- Five years of work experience in monitoring and evaluation of Adolescent programming, health, education and economic empowerment projects
- Familiarity with performance based funding systems and procedures.
- Ability to develop and implement monitoring and evaluation plans
- Excellent data analysis and report writing skills
- Computer literacy, particularly in the use of MS Access, MS Excel and statistical packages ( SPSS, STATA, EPI INFO etc)
- Data and information presentation skills
- Strong mentorship and partnership skills
- Analytical capacity
- Excellent inter-personal, facilitation skills and communication skills
- Person of high moral character and professional integrity
- Must expressly be supportive of girls and women’s empowerment
- Spending Authority: N/A
- Supervision: N/A
- Decision Making: N/A
CONTACTS/KEY RELATIONSHIPS (internal & external):
Internal: Provides technical support on M&E to Project Team. Receives support from the Project Manager, Program Quality, Learning and Accountability Manager, and the Programs Director.
External: The position liaises primarily with Elimu ya Vijana Tuendeleze Project stakeholders including the MoE, MoH, various National Ministries and departments, National youth empowerment projects and funding mechanisms Economic stakeholders.
Normal working conditions in a city setup. The employee may have to contend with traffic congestion during peak hours. The employee will make frequent field visits covering over 60% of their time to project locations to carry out M&E activities; this includes travel to remote areas and therefore has exposure to road and security risks.
Deadline to receive all applications will be on or before 16th December 2021, at 5.00 P.M EAT.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
CARE does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. Qualified Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. CARE has a commitment to gender, equity and diversity in our workplace and operations. CARE respects and values diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, sexuality, ethnicity, age, disability, religion or politics. This is reflected in our recruitment decisions which are made entirely through a transparent, merit-based selection process. All CARE staffs are required to comply with the Code of Conduct, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) and Child Protection (CP) policies.