Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Pending Funding Approval
Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest private aid organizations in Germany, with no political or religious affiliation.
It was founded in 1962 under the umbrella of the UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO).
At that time, it was the German section of the ‘Freedom from Hunger Campaign’, one of the first global initiatives for the fight against hunger.
Welthungerhilfe works under the leadership of an honorary board and the patronage of the German Federal President.
We provide integrated aid: from rapid disaster relief to long-term development cooperation projects.
Welthungerhilfe in Kenya implements a range of activities including:
(i) Water Sanitation and Hygiene,
(ii) Agriculture and Natural Resource Management,
(iii) Disaster Risk Management and Climate Change Adaptation, and
(iv) Social Development and Education.
We are currently looking for qualified personnel to fill the position of Student Interns, Programmes (2) for a fixed term period of three (3) months.
This vacancy is pending funding approval.
Welthungerhilfe has supported Kenyan development organizations since the 1970s. It headquartered in Nairobi since its registration as an NGO operating in Kenya since 1993.
The country office in Kenya is also responsible for Welthungerhilfe’s operations in Somalia. Geographically, Welthungerhilfe’s main intervention areas in Kenya have been mainly in the arid and semi-arid zones of Kajiado, Makueni, Kitui, Turkana, Tana River and Marsabit as well as Western Kenya and Nairobi.
Role Purpose: WHH is currently preparing to implement a humanitarian project seeking to address water scarcity and hunger in drought-affected communities in Marsabit, Tana River and Turkana counties.
WHH is looking to hire two (2) student interns for a period of 3 months each for the following periods:
1) 15th Jan – 14th April 2022
2) 1 April – 30th June 2022
The Student Intern will be part of the Programmes team, supporting implementation of the proposed programmes and other programme activities.
S/he will assist the Programmes and MEAL team with knowledge and database management, research, project planning and communication with field offices.
The student intern will have the opportunity to gain experience in an international NGO, specifically in the areas of project management, program development, data management and budgeting, and select a thematic area to focus on.
Applicants can be based in Nairobi or in one of the project locations (Marsabit Town, Lodwar or Hola) and should indicate preferred duty station and well as engagement period in the cover letter.
This position is pending donor funding approval.
Programme / Projects Reporting
- Support in consolidation of progress reports from field level.
- Work with the Programmes and MEAL team to gather information from the field for interim reports; ensure that reports explain inconsistencies and deviations from planning
- Ensure timely submission of high-quality activity and donor narrative reports
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities within the overall function of Programmes as and when requested.
- Support development of Program overview system to track relevant milestones, upcoming deadlines and assist Programmes team in follow up with Head of Projects
Programme Learning, documentation and communication
- Work with the project teams and communication officer to ensure documentation of programme learning initiatives and outcomes (case studies, photos, lessons learnt, most significant change stories, etc)
- Participate in the documentation and dissemination of this learning to other team members to ensure that good practice is understood and adopted, and information exchanged.
- Support in archiving of programs documents at the country offices and field offices.
- Support the communication department in the creation of materials, incl social media posts
Research and Development
- Support the ongoing project and future programming in gathering relevant information from existing project documents
- Review and summarize relevant articles, press releases and documents to inform project planning
Qualifications and Other Requirements
- Continuing students of social science degree or relevant field (At least 3rd Year Students)
- The student intern should have previously engaged with one of the following thematic areas through their studies or other engagements and identify one key thematic areas of interest in their cover letter:
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)
- Gender Equality
- Humanitarian emergencies
- Food & Nutrition security
- Community development
- IT literate with good understanding in MS Office applications, Word, Excel, Power Point
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Focused, Proactive, result oriented and resourceful
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult circumstances
- Full time availability during the time period mentioned. The applicant should indicate the preferred starting date from the two options specified in the role description.
- Planning, organization and administration skills
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude and willing to learn
- Once selected, candidates will be required to submit proof of a valid Personal Accident Insurance Cover
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their applications with the position applied for as the subject (Student Intern).
The application should include a one-page cover letter clearly stating their motivation, qualifications, expected remuneration and a detailed CV with contact details of three referees, two of which must be from the learning institution to:
The Human Resources Manager,
Welthungerhilfe / German Agro Action,
P.O Box 38829-00623
Application deadline: 10th December 2021
- Availability: Immediate ie January 2022
- Prefered Duty station: Must be stated
- Contract Length: Maximum of 3 months
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Welthungerhilfe is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices neither does it charge any fee for recruitment.