Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Programme Assistant – Disability Inclusion
Sightsavers is looking for a Programme Assistant – a new role within our expanding Inclusion and Frameworks team to provide administrative and coordination support.
Salary: Local terms and conditions apply
Contract: Two Year Fixed Term Contract
Hours: This is a full-time role with some flexibility around hours worked
About the role
We are looking for an experienced administrator to provide support with administration and coordination for a range of Sightsavers’ programmes and projects that sit outside our standard country office structures. This will include the portfolio of projects within the FCDO-funded Disability Inclusive Development (DID) programme and other inclusion projects. The Programme Assistant will support with general admin and logistics relating to the global portfolio, and support with communications, compliance, and the coordination of quarterly reporting. As a member of the global programme Coordination Team, the post-holder will collaborate with a range of internal colleagues including country offices, Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL), finance and risk, technical advisors, as well as external stakeholders including consortium partners and consultants.
You will join at an exciting time for Sightsavers and play a part in our work towards a more inclusive world. Key duties in this role will include:
- Logistical support for meetings and workshops including minute-taking and technical support
- Coordination of programme information and support to programme communications
- Compliance support with project and country-level risk assessment updates
- Providing administrative support to the Programme Manager – Inclusion & Frameworks and the wider DID Coordination Team
- Support for other projects and programmes
We are looking for an individual with excellent planning and organisational skills and the ability to multi-task. This is an ideal opportunity to get involved with our disability inclusion work. To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Demonstrable experience of providing administrative, coordination or logistical support.
- Experience of writing reports, newsletters, meeting notes and/or communication materials for a wide range of audiences.
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders and of managing pieces of work within deadlines.
- An understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity for people with disabilities.
Other experience that would be desirable but not essential for this role includes:
- Experience of working in a global team and/or and supporting colleagues based in Africa and Asia.
- Understanding of the development/not-for-profit sector or experience of working in a development organisation (or similar).
- Knowledge of programme cycle management.
Please note that there will be an expectation for all candidates that you will be able to occasionally participate in remote meetings during UK (United Kingdom) working hours (9am – 5pm BST (British Summer Time)/ GMT). This is a brilliantly varied role – please read the job description for further details.
How To Apply
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.