Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles. The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania and Djibouti.
The Incumbent is the focal point for all matters relating to the health of ICRC staff in the delegation. In line with ICRC staff health collaboration and with medical personnel on the spot, the Staff Health Officer (SHO) 2 promotes and maintains the physical and mental health of ICRC staff. The Staff Health Officer 2 implements the staff health strategy in seven identified domains which are Staff health policy, Prevention, Health care and medical emergencies, Stress management and crisis situations, Health insurances, Management of medical information, Monitoring, assessment and feedback.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts context-specific health briefing for all new ICRC staff and debriefing for departing staff;
- Conducts a context-specific health risks assessment;
- Ensures medical screening for recruitment and for specific professional categories as well as the yearly medical Green Light for mobile staff;
- Assesses referral facilities for all ICRC staff;
- Identifies national reference structures for vertical health programs;
- Integrates the Medical Contingency Plan in the overall contingency plan of the delegation;
- Coordinates Case Management, Medical Evacuation, and repatriation, 24/7 Medical Hotline;
- Ensures strict medical confidentiality;
- Identifies referent medical staff and health care facilities for individual health care for all staff;
- Provides individual medical follow-up for ICRC staff when advice is sought;
- Ensures support in the implementation of the institutional stress management policy;
- Organizes Peer support sessions in case of critical incidents;
- Ensures all staff is informed on the policies and procedures regarding harassment at the workplace and offer medical support if needed;
- Administrative accounting tasks related to staff health/insurance are performed confidentially;
- Management of sickness leaves of staff on demand of administration/HR.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- Degree in Bachelor of Medicine/ MBBS, with minimum 3 years of clinical experience;
- Clinical experience, in mental health, stress management;
- Experience and knowledge of medical insurance is an added advantage;
- Knowledge of tropical health and public health systems;
- MUST be Computer Proficient;
- Certificate of good conduct.
The interested candidates should fill up a form by clicking the link below on or before 28th December 2021 at 4:30 pm then submit their CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas, Degree etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department via the email address provided below:
– Application Link
– E-mail: email@example.com
The reference Staff Health Officer 2 must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not fill out the required information as per the link provided or clearly state the position for which you are applying and attach the required certificates & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must have the permanent right to work in Kenya
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
ICRC is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
In processing your personal data for recruitment purposes, we follow the information notice as explained HERE