Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
CMMB’s Finance and Administration Department plays a critical role in ensuring that CMMB efficiently and effectively utilizes its resources in achieving its program goals through least cost and value for money. The Department strives to ensure that all expenditures are in compliance with both CMMB policies, donor requirements and National laws. Through a team of dedicated staff, the team upholds utmost integrity, honesty and love in the execution of their roles to achieve CMMB’s vision, mission and core values.
CMMB has been working in Kenya for almost 15 years. CMMB works to ensure that the most vulnerable populations, especially mothers and children, have access to quality services in health care, health promotion and illness prevention.
Reporting to the Senior Finance and Administration Manager, the Procurement & Logistics Officer’s role is to provide logistical, procurement and hands on support to all related to formulation, planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring, compliance, reporting and closeout activities for program and office operations.
- To be responsible for processing procurement requests in accordance with the CMMB Kenya procurement policy.
- Provide comprehensive guidance on and ensure full implementation of CMMB’s logistics, procurement and administrative policies and procedures and related donor compliance requirements.
- Responsible for follow up and timely delivery of supplies to the field sites in line with project implementation.
- To be responsible for establishing detailed requirements for office supplies, equipment and other goods required for workshops and meetings.
- Ensure that requisite quotes are obtained from the list of approved suppliers and ensure that such purchases are adequately supported by Local Purchase Orders (LPOs), Invoices and Delivery notes.
- Manage the organization’s fleet and ensure field fleet security by making necessary arrangements or coordinating any evacuation that may be needed.
- To be responsible for coordinating travel and accommodation for project staff, volunteers and visitors by making relevant travel arrangements and hotel bookings. Liaise with the approved travel agents to source tickets in accordance with the approved procedures.
- Ensure there is an up-to date stores inventory and stationery records.
- Ensure procurement and administration documents are scanned and filed accordingly.
- Developing, updating and overseeing the application of appropriate quality control in procurement.
- Ensure compliance with regulations, policies and practices in the implementation of procurement activities.
- Prudently ensure that CMMB gets value for money for all the good and services without any quality compromise.
- Ensure that CMMB conducts business with compliant suppliers of goods and services by conducting due diligence on them.
- Take lead in the preparation and initiation of annual procurement plans.
- Take lead in developing a pre-qualified suppliers list.
- Prepare payment requests for all purchases of goods and services, review and ensure all supporting documents including contracts are attached.
- Preparing and processing tender documentation and applications.
- Ensure implementation of tender and procurement committee decision.
- Ensure disposal of obsolete equipment, tools and according to CMMB guidelines
Qualifications and Requirements
- You have a degree in a related business field with at least 5 years post qualification work experience in a similar role.
- You must be a registered member of the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management or Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS)
- You demonstrate good working knowledge of procurement and stocks management.
- Knowledge of working with donor-funded projects will be an added advantage.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint required, knowledge of Accounting software willbe an added advantage.
- You possess strong interpersonal and negotiations skills with the ability to network and develop strong business relationships.
- You have a high level of integrity.
- You have ability to work under minimum supervision.
- You have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- You have sound judgment about budget and planning.
- You have strong attention to detail and maintaining a timely and efficient work flow.
- You have strong interpersonal skills; courtesy, tact and patience.
- You have the ability to multi-task and to prioritize work amidst competing demand.
- You are comfortable working for a faith-based organization.
- You believe in CMMB, where we’re going, and what we can do together to achieve Healthier Lives Worldwide.
All applications must be received by 29th December 2021